Jimmy Mullen

Looking through an old box of programmes passed down to me I've come across a Jimmy Mullen Testimonial Brochure. He's a player before my time so generally just looking for stories feedback on a player who dedicated over 10 years to our special club. Fond memories?

JM.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Rogerm78 said:

I'm seeing defender quoted a lot so is that a centre half or full back position? 

I remember him playing off the c/h as second c/b, he may have turned out as a f/b, but I can't recall it.

Christ we were bad in those days, some people think we have problems now, they don't know what a problem is.

• Like 1

Appreciate the comments - just going from the testimonial,thinking there must be something about a player to give 10 years. I think I'm more than happy to accept a nice guy, limited but giving it all for that long. I think you can only get so much from reading so good to hear it from fans who have seen it week in week out.

4 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

made his debut at hull on boxing day 4-4

once lost his chain/pendant at the kop end when he went up for a corner .... and found it again years later !

scored winner away at rotherham 79ish ??? 

* these are out of my memory so details may be sketchy   

I remember him scoring at roverum.

roverum owls took a 747 that day.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Come in a 'top 10' of fans favourites in my upcoming book of the real dark years 73-76. 

General feeling was that he was a whole hearted trier in difficult times.

I'm sure that will be good read. I think you have to understand the bad times to fully appreciate the dark times. Born in 78 so really didn't get into football properly till the mid 80's from my Dad and then of course the happier 90's came along.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

did you ever see mick lyons?

just put this in a different reply - "Born in 78 so really didn't get into football properly till the mid 80's from my Dad and then of course the happier 90's came along" Mick Lyons is a name i've certainly heard of a lot more of, just a shame really for me to say I've never really heard of Jimmy.

Edited by Rogerm78