Hutch and Dom

On 29/01/2020 at 12:37, room0035 said:

The Westwood saga kind of personifies the management of the club by DC though, not wanted last season and instead of selling him when offers came in, we have him sat in the stands clawing a big salary and never playing - we get a decent manager in Bruce in, who the team and keeper obviously respected and we nearly make the play off, Bruce goes we get in a manager (I am current not sure if he is good or bad), again Westwood is sat in the stands not playing but we don't sell him. in the meantime the club continue to concede goals left right and centre  We sell or play but don't waste millions for him to sit with the fans.

Either play Westwood or sell him but it is complete lunacy to have him sat in the stands. he still has 18 months left of his contract is he going to sit in the stands for that time on £20-30k a week - in the meantime the club cannot afford to sign any players because of the appalling way in which the club continues to be run.

The bit I highlighted, the bit where we nearly made the playoffs under Bruce lol

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, you don't immediately sell a player just because they've hit a bit of bad form and dropped out of the team, Wildsmith has had a major injury and the coaches who see him week in week out haven't deemed him good enough for a regular start. You need at least two keepers worthy of being first choice.

Then people on here need to stop whinging about Westwood as he is still the best keeper we have, thought as you say his form has dipped from his own high standards.

I don't understand the Wildsmith bit though he needs to be playing regular he has barely played in 2 years and as such his progression has stall if not gone backwards.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Then people on here need to stop whinging about Westwood as he is still the best keeper we have, thought as you say his form has dipped from his own high standards.

I don't understand the Wildsmith bit though he needs to be playing regular he has barely played in 2 years and as such his progression has stall if not gone backwards.

You don't know much about GK's ey...

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

The bit I highlighted, the bit where we nearly made the playoffs under Bruce lol

Had Bruce been with us for the full season his win/loss ratio would have meant us getting 75 which would have meant us finishing 6th spot.

Instead half the season was wasted with Jos the Dross. 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He's been injured for a good portion of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He's been injured for a good portion of it.

Indeed but he needs game time, for me I would send him out local team - say Chessy or somewhere like that so he can still be managed by the club, but playing the occasional under 23's match and nothing else because there are two better keepers in front of him is helping no one.

Simple question - Dawson get injured in training today who starts in goal against Millwall - I would wager it won't be Wildsmith. 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Had Bruce been with us for the full season his win/loss ratio would have meant us getting 75 which would have meant us finishing 6th spot.

Instead half the season was wasted with Jos the Dross. 

So you look back on history thinking Bruce nearly got us promoted because of his win rate in the few months he was here, to you that means you can say we missed out on promotion? 

lol..thats the gem I have..LOL

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

So you look back on history thinking Bruce nearly got us promoted because of his win rate in the few months he was here, to you that means you can say we missed out on promotion? 

lol..thats the gem I have..LOL

I didn't say that though did I your are just making things up.

There really are some tools on this site.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but he needs game time, for me I would send him out local team - say Chessy or somewhere like that so he can still be managed by the club, but playing the occasional under 23's match and nothing else because there are two better keepers in front of him is helping no one.

Simple question - Dawson get injured in training today who starts in goal against Millwall - I would wager it won't be Wildsmith. 

So we let Wildsmith go out on loan, Dawson then gets injured. Then what ? we put a (allegedly injured) Westwood in net . Wouldn't it be wiser to put Wildsmith in the net? Hence being on the bench 

Edited by Donny El

14 minutes ago, Donny El said:

So we let Wildsmith go out on loan, Dawson then gets injured. Then what ? we put a (allegedly injured) Westwood in net . Wouldn't it be wiser to put Wildsmith in the net? Hence being on the bench 

We cannot keep having high paid players sat in the stands if we don't want to play them for what ever the reason then we need to find a way to get rid either sell or loan out, but with the keepers Wildsmith is not ready for championship football, but will never be ready, without regular first team football, this only happens with him playing week in week out.

Yes Dawson could get injured so could Westwood but on that basis lets not get rid of Rhodes or Winnall, because Nuihu could get injured or Fletcher or The new guy. The reason we are in the mess we are financially, is because we are carrying too many players who don't play games.

I also forgot we have Jones another keeper who has played exact Zero minutes all season.

On 29/01/2020 at 12:37, room0035 said:

The Westwood saga kind of personifies the management of the club by DC though, not wanted last season and instead of selling him when offers came in, we have him sat in the stands clawing a big salary and never playing - we get a decent manager in Bruce in, who the team and keeper obviously respected and we nearly make the play off, Bruce goes we get in a manager (I am current not sure if he is good or bad), again Westwood is sat in the stands not playing but we don't sell him. in the meantime the club continue to concede goals left right and centre  We sell or play but don't waste millions for him to sit with the fans.

Either play Westwood or sell him but it is complete lunacy to have him sat in the stands. he still has 18 months left of his contract is he going to sit in the stands for that time on £20-30k a week - in the meantime the club cannot afford to sign any players because of the appalling way in which the club continues to be run.

Who the bell is gonna sign an injury prone 35 year old who’s performances this season have been awful ? I’m sure monk would love to ship him out 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

We cannot keep having high paid players sat in the stands if we don't want to play them for what ever the reason then we need to find a way to get rid either sell or loan out, but with the keepers Wildsmith is not ready for championship football, but will never be ready, without regular first team football, this only happens with him playing week in week out.

Yes Dawson could get injured so could Westwood but on that basis lets not get rid of Rhodes or Winnall, because Nuihu could get injured or Fletcher or The new guy. The reason we are in the mess we are financially, is because we are carrying too many players who don't play games.

I also forgot we have Jones another keeper who has played exact Zero minutes all season.

Keepers are entirely different to outfield players, most clubs have three. Wildsmith may not have recovered from his injury enough for the coaching staff to trust him with a regular start.

• Like 1