Julian Borner

Guest Ash76

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

He was one of the best centre backs in the league a few weeks ago lol 

From this to being called out for a few bad games

Jesus flipping christ .. i despair with the fanbase sometimes.

Borners flipping class. He's probably playing through injury/not fully fit and trying too hard at the minute resulting in him being all over the shop

Maybe a spell on the sidelines just to get his head straight might work or just leave him and Big Dom together to rebuild that solid partnership they had

One thing that strikes me and couple of posters mentioned, him moving in to midfield to mop up because others aren't doing the business .. We miss a defensive lynchpin when Hutch aint there or even Luongo .. Bannan is simply not a CDM to break up play, he'll collect the ball and spray a few hollywood passes from deep straight to the opposition but not a holding player.

Lees is fairly solid and reliable but even he is on the wane ...

Edited by Hack-Abusi

5 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

From this to being called out for a few bad games

Jesus flipping christ .. i despair with the fanbase sometimes.

Borners flipping class. He's probably playing through injury/not fully fit and trying too hard at the minute resulting in him being all over the shop

Maybe a spell on the sidelines just to get his head straight might work or just leave him and Big Dom together to rebuild that solid partnership they had

One thing that strikes me and couple of posters mentioned, him moving in to midfield to mop up because others aren't doing the business .. We miss a defensive lynchpin when Hutch aint there or even Luongo .. Bannan is simply not a CDM to break up play, he'll collect the ball and spray a few hollywood passes from deep straight to the opposition but not a holding player.

Lees is fairly solid and reliable but even he is on the wane ...

Totally agree.

Börner just needs a consistent partner.

Lees is a good player but been here too long and has gone stale.

Needs a move for his sake as well as ours.

He’s done okay. 

I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s dropped off lately, and as a previous poster said, it was always gonna be difficult filling the shoes of Hector, but I think he’s done more good than bad.

My worry is his positioning. You see him constantly chase a forward/midfielder and leave us exposed at the back, but I think that’s just the type of defender he is and if we had a CDM who controlled the middle of the park, maybe he wouldn’t have to do that as much.

I’d personally say a greater concern is that if Tom Lees’ form. Over the past 18 months he seems to have regressed, or maybe just not adapted to the modern day game. 

I do not understand the negativity about Tom Lees.

As I ponted out earlier when Lees and Iorfa were paired at centre back in the 6 games before Christmas we only coneded 3 goals in 6 games and took 16 points out of 18.

Borner is a handy player with a good attitude and can come off the bench when needed.

His problem is that he chases attackers into midifield leaving us exposed to runners coming through.

19 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I do not understand the negativity about Tom Lees.

As I ponted out earlier when Lees and Iorfa were paired at centre back in the 6 games before Christmas we only coneded 3 goals in 6 games and took 16 points out of 18.

Borner is a handy player with a good attitude and can come off the bench when needed.

His problem is that he chases attackers into midifield leaving us exposed to runners coming through.

Too much messing about with the back 4 for whatever reason has produced the same outcome has its done virtually every season. 

Every year Tom Lees has been slagged off on here when he’s not had a regular partner to play alongside. He then struggles cos on top of this the right backs and left backs have been constantly changing.  Remember, he’s been part of several extremely mean defensive runs during his time here

10x better than Lees who is a dinousaur really now. Not sure why some still massively rate Hector I mean he was good at this level but prone to errors and couldn't kick it 5 yards. Iorfa next to another CB beast would be great next season.

4 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

It's no coincidence that Lees comes on and we concede 2 in my opinion.

Nope. Lees is much more overrated and has NEVER been captain material. Especially the last couple of seasons. Same as those people clinging on to Loovens for 3 seasons after he was any good