Julian Borner

Guest Ash76

Never been fully convinced by him. Looks really cultured at times and enjoys a battle. Thing is he’s loosing most of those battles.

He’s slow, runs like he’s dying for a  sh*t and switches off far too often, the Blackburn game being the most clear example where he was at fault for 3 goals.

On the plus side maybe people will stop singing that awful song now. 

If if we can I’d be looking to bring a CB in during this window along with a CM and CF. 

Basically a new spine seeing as this lot don't have one between them 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s the most overrated player in the squad at the moment. Actually quite average. God knows what he was doing for the first goal yesterday.

Nowhere near the standard of Hector. 

All the squad is quite average. That is why we are mid table.

Unfortunately many of our fans seem to think we are, or should be, better than we are.

• Thanks 1

i'm glad its not just me that has noticed this

The last couple of games he really has gone right off the boil

Last night he constantly dived into tackles and gave lots of fouls away

I'd be critical of him for both goals as well. first one he lost the battle with Moore and then rolled around the floor claiming he was elbowed. Second goal Lowe just ran straight by him for a free header

Needs to pull his finger out because when he first started he looked a really good defender

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Horrendously over rated by our support. Constantly gets dragged about by a centre forward, see him stepping out of the back line leaving gaps regularly and last night got dragged too deep by Kiefer Moore. 

I agree but last night was a very good example of centre forward play from Moore.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s the most overrated player in the squad at the moment. Actually quite average. God knows what he was doing for the first goal yesterday.

Nowhere near the standard of Hector. 

He's nowhere near the most overrated player in the squad. He comes along way after the likes of Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, and Lees.

1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

It's no coincidence that Lees comes on and we concede 2 in my opinion.

Another one all over the shop. 

Lees can be solid enough defender... but I think his confidence is on the floor. 

Might be time for him to move on... reminds me of Mark Beevers... 

I see Borner far too often ( mainly when Iorfa is not his CB partner) rushing to tidy up problems that are other players problem. I suspect this comes more from a desire to be effective than lack of quality.

Tom Lees is a far greater concern for me.

However back to Borner, if the midfield in front of you are not doing their job then I think it’s instinctive to step forward to deal with that problem. This happens too often.

Iorfa and Borner together with Hutch in front of them is a strong combination.

Lees flatters to deceive and creates doubt in the back 4 when he plays or like last night against Wigan, comes on as sub.

Edited by Mister Soul