Players need to go - Monk

39 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I agree mate, that’s why I said I will leave you too it we have different views that’s all, I haven’t once said the players aren’t equally to blame. They have been awful for the largest part of the season imo probably fox and fletcher aside zero consistancy. 

i just don’t agree that a manager should be allowed to totally bring a new squad in before being judged. he knew our situation when he came, it’s any managers job to get the best out of the squad you have, and build on it if and when you can, I didn’t want him or trust him to rebuild this squad, I just think Monk is very limited, like I said it’s no coincidence since we lost fletcher that our results fell off a cliff. He’s still trying to do the same without the man or kind of player that allows us to play that way. 
you have to adapt when things like that happen, Monk hasn’t. 

I feel no matter how poo the players have been this season, we are better than what we are producing I’m not saying we are capable of going up I didn’t ever believe that but performance wise it’s upto the manager to get that as much as the players. 
he’s been saying similar things for weeks yet he’s trotting out the same players even before the injury’s. He’s using the same tactics even when it isNt working.  

as for applauding monk for getting the team to pull in the same direction, not sure how you think he should be. You keep saying the players can’t be praised for when 5ey are climbing but monk be blamed when they are lower down. I keep saying to you and other posters. I can’t see anyone defending g the performances. The players weren’t at their best when we were in third even, it’s just fletcher was on fire in the form of his career and the direct football monk is stuck on worked u til he got flu then got injured. Now it simply isn’t working.  

anyhow like you said everyone is entitled to views and I’m glad you see that too because sometimes this forum explodes if people don’t agree which is bizarre

I hope I’m wrong and monk gets it right he really do, I don’t want to be having these debates, not now not ever, same with our owner , I want to be wrong on pretty much all of my views because if I am our club is getting success. 

I just see the club slipping further and further and the last thing I want is at the end of the season ( the best chance of a total clear out we have had in 10 years running so) is for us to have a clear out and then get another group of players that aren’t right. Because then we have another 3-10 years of these same issues. 
lee have a chance to rebuild from top to bottom at the end of the season and I just hope we have the right manager in place to do that, imo it isnt monk  it I understand some want him to have a go. 

Deffo! After all we all want the same thing don't we! It would be great for everybody if we get to see Wednesday succeed with this group of players and a different manager, or this manager and a different group of players, but I think everybody agrees that something has got to change and hopefully it will before too long.

21 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Contracts that could be ended, or renewed this summer:-

Loan players as you mentioned; Bates, Murphy, da Cruz, plus any others that join before Brexit tonight at 23:00

Paul Jones - Unclear

Baker - Already Gone

Fox

Aken

Penney

Lee

Pelupessy

Hutchinson

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Fletcher

Winnall

Odubajo has been told that he can go in the summer, if he can find another club and we have already let Thorniley go, so we will be a bit light right across the squad in summer, so Monk will hopefully get his chance then, as long as DC lets him.  

Thanks,  didnt realise all the strikers were ooc, like you say a big opportunity to clear the decks and give Monk a chance to rebuild.

10 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Thanks,  didnt realise all the strikers were ooc, like you say a big opportunity to clear the decks and give Monk a chance to rebuild.

The attack and midfield could do with a bit of rebuilding now though. I cannot imagine our current midfield defence or attack going through the rest of the season without falling apart a lot more than it has just recently. Hopefully we can shuffle a few players around defensively, but the midfield is very weak with Lee, Hutchinson and Luongo spending so many games out through injury. Then we have Pelupessy, who I don't think has really been good enough all round to get regular games and so he is not getting enough games in a row to get any kind of form together. 

If we were not so thin on the ground defensively and just to bolster things up a bit if we are in trouble, I would suggest (again) playing Iorfa in midfield. He has the ability to break up play, drive the ball forward and carry the ball forward, while also having an eye for a pass, or a goal when he does get forward regularly, while also adding a bit more strength and height, which we have missed now for quite a while. Maybe if we have two fit from Lees, Hutchinson and Borner, we can play two of those in the middle of defence and give Iorfa a game or two as a box to box midfielder. I like Iorfa, but his tendency to jump in with his tackles and to use his arms and hands too often are giving the opposition too many free kicks in dangerous areas. If he plays a bit further up the pitch he might at least concede less free kicks as he is not the last man and concede them in less dangerous areas. Also you cannot compare Pelupessy, Bannan, Luongo, Hutchinson, or Lee with Iorfa trying to track back with a player breaking through our midfield. My money would be on Iorfa every time over the other five. Just a thought.

The likelihood of moving some players out this window was always unlikely. A combination of poor players, passed their best on big contracts with a Chairman unlikely to negotiate a deal which would appeal to any would be suitor?

The only way players ever seem to

leave here are at their end of their current contracts and in all fairness it was like this before Chansiri arrived. As a football club we’ve regressed so much since the heady days of the early 1990’s, it’s hard at this moment in time to see us being a premier league club again never mind a side challenging for honours?

On 29/01/2020 at 19:00, FreshOwl said:

Really been struggling with this one all day.

Whose he accusing of lacking desire and effort?

Dawson - nope 

moses - potentially but again would be harsh 

Borner - nope 

Iorfa - nope 

Fox - already said he’ll run through brick walls 

Murphy - before the last few weeks I would have said yes, I didn’t see his performance last night but he scored so can’t imagine it was aimed at him 

Bannan - again, puts in 100%. How often do we see him chasing down their keeper 

Joey - Utter crap (I honestly can’t believe he’s a professional) but again he always gives 100%

Harris - nope 

which leaves the 2 strikers who both work hard too. 

Who on earth is Monk talking about? 

I might be watching a different game than you

But I thought Moses, Borner, Bannan, and Harris were all poor

Murphy was hit and miss

Pelupessy works hard but he's not the answer, we need someone more commanding

Tom Lees is supposed to be a leader but I didn't see no leadership qualities when he came on

And Adam Reach, my wife would beat him in the tackle

It was a collective non show, against a very very poor Wigan team

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I might be watching a different game than you

But I thought Moses, Borner, Bannan, and Harris were all poor

Murphy was hit and miss

Pelupessy works hard but he's not the answer, we need someone more commanding

Tom Lees is supposed to be a leader but I didn't see no leadership qualities when he came on

And Adam Reach, my wife would beat him in the tackle

It was a collective non show, against a very very poor Wigan team

Blimey, that’s a damning indictment on our summer signings 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No I don’t, but talk of a mass clear out was totally over the top Not saying that was your suggestion, but plenty on here were saying it

From the out of contract players, I would sign Fox

I would only sign Fletcher on reduced terms

The rest of the out of contracts can go for me

I'd be looking to sell Reach, and offload players like Rhodes, Odubajo

At the moment we have one player I'd be sorry to see go, and that's Iorfa, the rest can all go for me

Keepers......

Dawson

Westwood

Wildsmith

Defenders.....

Palmer

Odubajo

Urhoghide

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Bates

Fox

Midfield.....

Hutchinson

Luongo

Bannan

Lee

Pelupessy

Reach

Murphy

Harris

Windass

Forestieri

Forwards.......

Fletcher

Wickham

Da Cruz

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Winnall

I don’t know about trying to set Monk up to fail, if he can’t fashion a winning side out of that little lot, he’s not the right manager for us

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Keepers......

Dawson

Westwood

Wildsmith

Defenders.....

Palmer

Odubajo

Urhoghide

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Bates

Fox

Midfield.....

Hutchinson

Luongo

Bannan

Lee

Pelupessy

Reach

Murphy

Harris

Windass

Forestieri

Forwards.......

Fletcher

Wickham

Da Cruz

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Winnall

I don’t know about trying to set Monk up to fail, if he can’t fashion a winning side out of that little lot, he’s not the right manager for us

It's the easiest thing in the world to blame the manager

The majority of these players have been here a long time, they know how to get a manager fired

I'd like to see a lot of them go before we change managers again