Just got back

Quite simply, disgraceful. Due to family etc, don’t do many aways these days, and won’t be doing anymore until this squad is cleared out.

Over the years I’ve seen worse teams than this, but at least the vast majority of them played to their full ability. This team, more to the point this squad, have took a kings ransom out of this club, and we’ve ended up worse off than where we started.

Monk isn’t to blame here either, so forget that one straightaway. 

Shambles, against a dreadful Wigan side. But at least they wanted to win.

That was was as bad as it gets tonight. Awful. 

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

Quite simply, disgraceful. Due to family etc, don’t do many aways these days, and won’t be doing anymore until this squad is cleared out.

Over the years I’ve seen worse teams than this, but at least the vast majority of them played to their full ability. This team, more to the point this squad, have took a kings ransom out of this club, and we’ve ended up worse off than where we started.

Monk isn’t to blame here either, so forget that one straightaway. 

Shambles, against a dreadful Wigan side. But at least they wanted to win.

That was was as bad as it gets tonight. Awful. 

Difficult to argue with anything you are saying, although Monk keeps picking the same wasters in the same couple of formations with the same approach so don't think he can be completely absolved of any criticism. Did anyone really expect Rhodes to make a difference as sub? Might as well have given the young striker a run and he could have gone for Reach at LB when Fox went off rather than bringing an out of form CB on, we just invited a poor side to have a go at us and despite wasting many opportunities we still inevitably cracked.

Said after the 2nd went in that getting beat hurts but can be taken on the chin if the effort is evident. That 2nd half it clearly wasn't evident and, as has been the case all too often in the past 6 weeks or so, if we concede the players simply do not have a reaction in them. 

The game sounded very poor quality but as you say, Wigan kept going and had belief, helped by the fact we offered nothing to stop them believing they could win it in 45 minutes. 

For the 2nd time in 3 games it is difficult to name one player who went close to doing themselves justice, that simply can't be right. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Difficult to argue with anything you are saying, although Monk keeps picking the same wasters in the same couple of formations with the same approach so don't think he can be completely absolved of any criticism. Did anyone really expect Rhodes to make a difference as sub? Might as well have given the young striker a run and he could have gone for Reach at LB when Fox went off rather than bringing an out of form CB on, we just invited a poor side to have a go at us and despite wasting many opportunities we still inevitably cracked.

Said after the 2nd went in that getting beat hurts but can be taken on the chin if the effort is evident. That 2nd half it clearly wasn't evident and, as has been the case all too often in the past 6 weeks or so, if we concede the players simply do not have a reaction in them. 

The game sounded very poor quality but as you say, Wigan kept going and had belief, helped by the fact we offered nothing to stop them believing they could win it in 45 minutes. 

For the 2nd time in 3 games it is difficult to name one player who went close to doing themselves justice, that simply can't be right. 

What else can he do? Who else can he chose? You can't expect anything else from this group.

Nobody should be surprised at what happend tonight as it was so utterly predictable.

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

What else can he do? Who else can he chose? You can't expect anything else from this group.

Nobody should be surprised at what happend tonight as it was so utterly predictable.

As I said I'd have stuck the young lad on up front instead of Rhodes and would probably have started with Reach after his telling contribution to help seal the win in the last game. 

Make no mistake though, there may be issues tactically but the blame for the complete lack of effort, desire and fight in the 2nd half lies with every one of the players that failed to make any decent contribution after Fox went off.

33 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As I said I'd have stuck the young lad on up front instead of Rhodes and would probably have started with Reach after his telling contribution to help seal the win in the last game. 

Make no mistake though, there may be issues tactically but the blame for the complete lack of effort, desire and fight in the 2nd half lies with every one of the players that failed to make any decent contribution after Fox went off.

Interesting that Borukov has started appearing on the bench given that I haven't seen a single person who has watched him a few times suggest he is good enough for first team consideration. Similar with Alex Hunt. You have to wonder if Monk isn't trying to send some signals to some of those he's getting frustrated with.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Interesting that Borukov has started appearing on the bench given that I haven't seen a single person who has watched him a few times suggest he is good enough for first team consideration. Similar with Alex Hunt. You have to wonder if Monk isn't trying to send some signals to some of those he's getting frustrated with.

Bringing Hunt on last week smacked of Jos bringing on that boy in the West Brom game.  Neither are strong enough for Championship football but the point was made...

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If that is the case then it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect.

We will be highly fortunate if we get rid of one striker before the transfer window closes, let alone two. If we are still stuck with them next month and haven't got anyone else in then it will seem like an eternity waiting for Fletcher to come back.

56 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Yep. I’ve held off calling the players bottle jobs, but as a group that’s what they are. 

Lost 5-0 to Blackburn, now this. 

Do they have any pride at all? 

7 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Bringing Hunt on last week smacked of Jos bringing on that boy in the West Brom game.  Neither are strong enough for Championship football but the point was made...

Same player isn’t it ??  

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Yep. I’ve held off calling the players bottle jobs, but as a group that’s what they are. 

Lost 5-0 to Blackburn, now this. 

Do they have any pride at all? 

Same player isn’t it ??  

Might be Koppar?...I’m almost past caring...

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Look similar, but no. Connor Kirby came on late on vs WBA. 

Ahh ok. Cheers. 

I guess the point of the story might be that like Jos, Monk has put a young lad in as he isn’t impressed with our more senior players. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

We have had some excellent results away from home this season so no I was surprised by that horrendous showing . 

Just got back. fizz me that was a bad journey back.

I don’t mind losing...that’s football, but when you can see there is no fight,desire, passion or urgency in this team it’s bloody toxic.

winnall and rhodes... my god, I’ve wanted it to work so much for these two but winnall looked like he’d never seen a football before, rhodes hardly had a bleedin touch. Bannan couldn’t string a pass (neither could any of em) and he just kept waving his arms about screaming at everyone.

that 2nd half was worse than Blackburn a couple of weeks ago. They just arnt bothered. The core of this team needs ripping out. The ones that were there for the play off final need to go. Bannan i think is our best player but he needs to be dropped. The rest of the team need to be shown that no one is safe. Bannan can’t keep walking into the team with performances like that. If we don’t get at least a couple of strikers in then we are doomed this season it’s shocking to see

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Ahh ok. Cheers. 

I guess the point of the story might be that like Jos, Monk has put a young lad in as he isn’t impressed with our more senior players. 

Connor Kirby’s now on a season long loan at Macclesfield Town who currently are 22nd in League 2. 

He wasn’t ready to be thrown into championship football and it looks like the same could be said about the youngsters on the bench tonight.

The problem is there’s a real shortage of other options in that squad now