TINKERBELL

Not acceptable DC and monk

I don't think we'll ever know if Monk is/was a good manager. Not with these players.

He says we take 2 steps forward and 1 back, well I'll tell you that to me, it feels like we take 1 step forward and 2 back.

The whole lot is a shower of sh!t. We were better under Gray and Mandaric. I could still relate to that club.

• Agree 2

So maybe if it’s the players, we should have stuck with previous managers, most of whom achieved better results

Edited by gurujuan
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I don't think we'll ever know if Monk is/was a good manager. Not with these players.

He says we take 2 steps forward and 1 back, well I'll tell you that to me, it feels like we take 1 step forward and 2 back.

The whole lot is a shower of sh!t. We were better under Gray and Mandaric. I could still relate to that club.

The club is dieing and wheres our owner to do something. 

In free fall, going down

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So maybe if it’s the players, we should have stuck with previous managers, most of whom achieved better results

Those players are now well past their best. Stale, complacent and on wages they know they won’t get anywhere else. 

• Agree 4

16 minutes ago, striker said:

I dont pretend that Monk is perfect, far from it. But look what he's has to work with, a group of serial failures, mentally weak and too comfortable.

Please explain then, how bullen managed to get more out of em..a much better points ratio, with the same players.

Come to think of it, bullens win rate is better than all previous, including cabbage chops.

Panic buy monk, that's all it was.

Obvious mistaka to maka

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Those players are now well past their best. Stale, complacent and on wages they know they won’t get anywhere else. 

Most of tonight’s players don’t fall into that category 

• Agree 2

Side full of failure and stale, Tom Lees sums that up. We miss Steve Bruce, no amount of compo will make up for that.

• Agree 1

If the EFL decide to dock us points this season we will be playing in league one next season. These wasters wouldn’t get us out of trouble. 

15 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We were !

Mandaric knew what he was doing, Chansiri didn’t but five years down the line and he’s getting worse. The club is run wrong from top to bottom. Not going to get into how it should be run as havent got all night but the manager should be in charge of the squad and transfers, I don’t think this is the case and think this is down to Chansiri.

Now monk, yes I sympathise with him

to a degree with what he has inherited but.... is there anyone who doesn’t think we’d be near or in top 2 if Bruce was still here?? Course we would. Would Forestieri be flourishing ?? Probably. Would we be playing possession based attacking football with positive intent ?? YES. If our only goal scorer got injured for the season on 4th Jan would we still not have signed a striker now ?? No.

End of the day he is doing himself no favours and he may end up losing the fans and his job !!

The players, Jesus there pathetic some of them. That central midfield is appallingly bad and anyone who tries to defend Bannan can do one. He plays wide or he doesn’t play. 

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Please explain then, how bullen managed to get more out of em..a much better points ratio, with the same players.

This season...

Lee Bullen 6 games, 9 points (1.50 per game)

Garry Monk 23 games, 33 points (1.43 per game)

That's a "much better points ratio" is it?

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

We can have our faults with Monk here and there. Perhaps some tactics haven’t worked, maybe a sub here or there has been poor.  But this squad is doing exactly what it’s done since 2016. We’ve had 4 managers and a couple of stints by Bullen in that time, but it’s more or less been the same squad. Nothing will change while this squad remains. It’s not all of them of course. 

Monk should be allowed to make some big changes this summer, complete overhaul. Ship out the bad attitudes, and ship out those who don’t want to put in the basic effort or have a battle. It’s on Chansiri to make this happen, and then ensure that Monk is given a budget to rebuild. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Last six league matches 

Stoke L 3-2 ( concede 2 last min goals)

Cardiff L 1-2 (after 8 mins we go 2 down)

Hull L 0-1 ( Hull not won in 4/5)

Leeds W 2-0 

Blackburn L 0-5 ( worst game of football I have seen by a SWFC side and thats saying something) also Blackburn not won in weeks!

Wigan L 2-1 after leading we lost to a side to yet another last min goal, a side not won in 14 leave games !

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

We can have our faults with Monk here and there. Perhaps some tactics haven’t worked, maybe a sub here or there has been poor.  But this squad is doing exactly what it’s done since 2016. We’ve had 4 managers and a couple of stints by Bullen in that time, but it’s more or less been the same squad. Nothing will change while this squad remains. It’s not all of them of course. 

Monk should be allowed to make some big changes this summer, complete overhaul. Ship out the bad attitudes, and ship out those who don’t want to put in the basic effort or have a battle. It’s on Chansiri to make this happen, and then ensure that Monk is given a budget to rebuild. 

Fair enough.

But what sort of budget are we going to have? How likely is it that level of funding will get us among the front runners? And given the probable answers to those questions, how patient do you think the majority are going to be for a significant rebuilding process?

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Most of tonight’s players don’t fall into that category 

Bannan, Winnall, nuhiu in the starting 11. Plus lees, hutch, Rhodes etc. You also have the likes of KW and FF who are happy to just sit around and take the £££ till their contracts run out. Hardly a good example to younger or new players or an environment that’s going to breed winning habits is it? 

The rest are bargain basement signings or cast off free transfers from other clubs so I don’t know why we expect them to be near the top of the league.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

We're a mid table team ffs top 10 would be good this season, everyone said without Fletcher we'd have problems, not Monk's fault but we need someone running the club properly moving forward thats obvious 

A sobering thought. We will have the same points total going into February as we did as the match stood five minutes before the end of the Stoke match on Boxing day. Bad, but even worse when you consider since then we have played three mid table sides at home and lost to a relegation threatened team tonight,

Truly horrendous.

58 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But do you want this waste of air manager in charge of the rebuild. I don’t. Start the rebuild by appointing a manager with some ideas and some back bone. Because this guy has niether. Horrible football. Awful to watch. He should be in a museum with the other dinasaurs

monks done a good job keeping us up in top 10 with a poor imbalanced squad.

give the bloke a chance he hasnt even brought a player in has he?

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If the EFL decide to dock us points this season we will be playing in league one next season. These wasters wouldn’t get us out of trouble. 

These wasters couldn't fill a trolley at aldi 

So many need to go 

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Fair enough.

But what sort of budget are we going to have? How likely is it that level of funding will get us among the front runners? And given the probable answers to those questions, how patient do you think the majority are going to be for a significant rebuilding process?

All good questions - I don’t have the answers. But I would hope that by removing some of the big earners, of which we have a few, we’ll free up some money to bring in players. Not as simple as that I know, and of course we don’t know what (if any) punishment we will receive from the EFL.  

As for patience...we know Wednesday fans are anything but. Perhaps some expectations need to be reset, but the club also needs to communicate with the fans more effectively in order get us onside for the long haul.