Alessio Da Cruz

4 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

To be fair i agree in most of what you say.....

Under Carlos first season we were an unknown and punching well above what we should have been doing. We did however have the makings of something good with some more work, but we all know how that turned out second season. 

Since that first season, we have literally just collected (supposedly) good players, with no real thought on how they will fit into any sort of plan or set up. Even Carlos swapped how we played in his second season, which then rendered the building blocks and playing style from the year before as null and void. 

For me its a combination of both needing a good player clear out and also giving the manager time to shape and build something. Lets say its Monk in charge for the foreseeable, i say give him a decent wage budget and a little cash and see what he can do come the summer. Plenty of free transfers will be out there and hopefully we can get develop a style and way of playing that can be built on. 

Currently we are just a squad of fairly decent players who dont properly fit into any real set up. This means we are unable to play any real Counter attacking, long ball, possession, pressing or any other type of football very well and end up trying to play a mashup of styles with what players we do have.

I hope the club has given monk a brief on how they want to play and the ethos of the club or as accepted monks vision and ethos and are giving him time to change it like I say I think every manager needs two summer windows to Really be judged 

Teams like Bristol, Brentford, Southampton etc.... can change their manager but they stay true to the vision and culture of the club and recruit a manager to take over and progress 

it’s like we don’t know what we are or what we want so we just employ the next guy and when that doesn’t work within 12-18 month we go on to the next and the cycle starts again 

how can a manager come in during the season with players on 6month-4year contracts expect to instil his methods and vision into players of they can’t or won’t be receptive to them 

this is why I always say two summer windows you would of hope some of the players could have adapted to the managers style and mentality where others contracts would gave been run down or released 

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

This must mean any chance of loaning anyone from the prem is off then? 

Like I've said before, and been slated for saying it by the we've still got loads of cash brigade. The pot is empty. 

I have no confidence in whoever does/or has a say in our recruitment anymore. I know he hasn't kicked a ball and he will be judged when I watch him on the pitch.

However, I have no confidence in whoever does/or has a say in our recruitment anymore.

Prove me wrong please Alessio, but at least your name sounds good.

9 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

We've still got loads of cash.

Then why haven't parts of the ground been redeveloped ie. Leppings Lane, other clubs in the championship are doing it and still investing in the team. 

4 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Then why haven't parts of the ground been redeveloped ie. Leppings Lane, other clubs in the championship are doing it and still investing in the team. 

Waste of money to be fair. Not going to fill them are we? Besides big Chans wants to build the Big Chans arena.

Wickham to Alessio, beautiful spin and flick  over the defenders head catching it beautifully with the outside of his left boot, slides the ball back to Wickham, feints to the right taking out 2 defenders, clips the ball back to Alessio who volleys home with his erection.

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Wickham to Alessio, beautiful spin and flick  over the defenders head catching it beautifully with the outside of his left boot, slides the ball back to Wickham, feints to the right taking out 2 defenders, clips the ball back to Alessio who volleys home with his erection.

Parallel universe ?