Alessio Da Cruz

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All true but I strongly believe that if Bruce was still here, we’d be top six right now even with our limitations. Monk is not the man!

We wouldn't be shipping late goals and would play better football at home certainly. Can't compare someone like Bruce with 6 promotions to Monk who is a journeyman manager already really.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

The bit on bold is where we fall down massively. We dont have a style or ethos and the mentality in place at the moment is arguably very weak. 

Hate to say it but the pigs did just what Liverpool did under Wilder (to a lesser degree). They got a plan together, set out how they wanted to play and then signed specific types of players to make that style of play happen. 

I agree but I do think under Carlos especially that first year we had a style and a swagger 

as we’ve changed managers we haven’t really rotated our squad to suit the managers style maybe because we haven’t kept a manager long enough to do so 

I always think if we are changing the clubs style or management in order for the manager to have the players he wishes to execute his plans he needs at least two summer transfer windows 

nothing productive happens in January 

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My prediction: He’ll play a handful of games, won’t be match fit and he’ll end up back in Italy come May. 

My prediction is we’ll mostly think he’s mint after one appearance (possibly coming on from the bench) then it will very slowly dawn on everyone that he’s a bit rubbish, as with most players from the Italian second division.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

I agree but I do think under Carlos especially that first year we had a style and a swagger 

as we’ve changed managers we haven’t really rotated our squad to suit the managers style maybe because we haven’t kept a manager long enough to do so 

I always think if we are changing the clubs style or management in order for the manager to have the players he wishes to execute his plans he needs at least two summer transfer windows 

nothing productive happens in January 

To be fair i agree in most of what you say.....

Under Carlos first season we were an unknown and punching well above what we should have been doing. We did however have the makings of something good with some more work, but we all know how that turned out second season. 

Since that first season, we have literally just collected (supposedly) good players, with no real thought on how they will fit into any sort of plan or set up. Even Carlos swapped how we played in his second season, which then rendered the building blocks and playing style from the year before as null and void. 

For me its a combination of both needing a good player clear out and also giving the manager time to shape and build something. Lets say its Monk in charge for the foreseeable, i say give him a decent wage budget and a little cash and see what he can do come the summer. Plenty of free transfers will be out there and hopefully we can get develop a style and way of playing that can be built on. 

Currently we are just a squad of fairly decent players who dont properly fit into any real set up. This means we are unable to play any real Counter attacking, long ball, possession, pressing or any other type of football very well and end up trying to play a mashup of styles with what players we do have.

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

My prediction is we’ll mostly think he’s mint after one appearance (possibly coming on from the bench) then it will very slowly dawn on everyone that he’s a bit rubbish, as with most players from the Italian second division.

We don’t have a bit rubbish in our vocabulary that’s too much like balance 

this is owkstslk They are either like messi or a no legged blind donkey. At absaloutly no point are we allowed to find anything else in the middle 

just like all legs fall off at 30 it’s non negotiable 

so I’ll predict he will look like messi just needing a few games to get up to speed and get match fit 

then after we’ve found out he isn’t messi he won’t be good enough to lace atteys boots