Alessio Da Cruz

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh let’s blame the manager again eh, not like this squad of players have a track record with failure or owt is it

Jump on managerial merry go round again,  because it’s worked so well before hasn’t it ? 

No you are right the players are to blame too but Monk is not doing any better. His starting choices, tactics and substitutions are all baffling!!

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No you are right the players are to blame too but Monk is not doing any better. His starting choices, tactics and substitutions are all baffling!!

His squad is poo , starting choices are few and far between. Name your line up for Saturday not including and of the dross on show last night

Guest Kagoshimaowl
39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

His squad is poo , starting choices are few and far between. Name your line up for Saturday not including and of the dross on show last night

Mate, Monk messed up. Moore was in Iorfa’s back pocket first half. I said as soon as Fox went off that Lees and Borner would get bullied and that’s exactly what happened. You never change around your whole back 4 if you are winning. Should have been Ozase on or even Reach filling in.

25 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Mate, Monk messed up. Moore was in Iorfa’s back pocket first half. I said as soon as Fox went off that Lees and Borner would get bullied and that’s exactly what happened. You never change around your whole back 4 if you are winning. Should have been Ozase on or even Reach filling in.

So name the line up for next game

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
42 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So name the line up for next game

Can’t yet. Depends on who is fit. Palmer, Luongo, Hutch, Fernando, Da Cruz(?) could all be in contention 

Hot headed foreigner getting shipped across from overseas as a whiff of cantana about it and how I wish manager that better 

we’ve also had an hot headed foreigner well schooled in Italy with the name of Di Canio and I’d donate my left testical to have his passion back on the pitch right now 

we say we should look at the lower leagues and foreign market 

we say we should look at younger players 

we say we should look at cheaper options 

we go in for a young foreign winger allegedly on loan and I’m guessing then a free or minimal fee at end of season who we have no doubt scouted and yet owlstalk verdict is it’s not good enough 

only on here 

I know nothing about this guy mainly because I’m a caterer not a football scout I wouldn’t critisze this transfer until I know more about it but mainly until I’ve seen him play in our shirt 

this could quite easily be the bargain find where we benefit from his mistakes rather than the car crash some of us are writing him off as already 

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

I'm not sure about that figure, I think their "net transfer spend" is more like 300m over that period because they bought and sold so well with the likes of Coutinho and Suarez plus others. Also, factor in to that the value of their current squad and they are on the right side of those figures.

I guess 10 years is actually not a long time to go from where they were to arguably the best team in the world. We've just spent half of that same period going backwards in the Championship. Under Klopp their transfer success rate has gone through the roof as has their ability to improve players. The manager and staff have a clear vision of the type of player they want and more importantly the type of player that is capable of playing for them.

Back to my point, I mentioned Liverpool because of their use of data analysis in assessing transfers as well as players needing to fit their style/ethos/mentality. My concern is around the level of detail we go in to when making a transfer because at the moment I don't trust DC and his advisors to sign players with the traits our squad is desperately in need of.

The bit on bold is where we fall down massively. We dont have a style or ethos and the mentality in place at the moment is arguably very weak. 

Hate to say it but the pigs did just what Liverpool did under Wilder (to a lesser degree). They got a plan together, set out how they wanted to play and then signed specific types of players to make that style of play happen. 

Guest wilyfox

If he signs, good luck to the lad. Right age group we should be recruiting from. Question marks over his temperament he'll have to answer on the pitch, but at least he's got some fight in him. Rather see that than watch Rhodes & Winnall toil away. 

I'm forming the opinion that we've decided a centre forward is too expensive to play with 2 while Fletcher is injured, considering the options we have at the club.

Overloading on wingers looks more likely to purse 433 or a variation for the forseeable future. 

Dont expect this boy to be an immediate answer to our problems, but gives more options. 

11 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Yes. 

Even with a fit Fletcher, our 4 forwards aren’t good enough to keep us 6th or above. 

And also, we’re losing too much and need someone new to defend from the front to at least steady the ship. 

He won’t be any worse at it than Nuhiu, Winnall or Rhodes... even if this guy has Jet lag.  

based on the last few games i think your setting your sights a little too high.

• Like 1

Guest addedtime
36 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Well he looks like he might be entertaining at least, though doubtless we will find a way to fix that

Just behind the back four in the Bannan role?