Alessio Da Cruz

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Because we have idiots running the club allegedly. And alleged idiots finding players 

Amazing what you hear in pizza shop from people 

We shouldn't need to know how decisions are being made but we can't take anything for granted due to the way we are being run. 

The best recruitment in the game (Liverpool) is done with the most analysis applied by any club. That's not a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

We wouldn’t know that, but I agree with you. 

The signings Bruce brought in ‘care’ I think, and overall have worked out well for us... maybe he knew more about them as individuals? Was this the first time someone had a firm grip on transfers?

What we do know is, money has been spilling out of this club like a bucket with a hole... so we might be guilty of throwing money at players without much research. 

Absolutely, we don't know it, but it's a feeling. Agree, the signings under Bruce bare a very different trade mark to the others I agree. I suspect they were players scouted and analysed by someone close to Bruce that he trusts. In fact didn't Bruce bring in some recruitment guy? Where is he?

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely, we don't know it, but it's a feeling. Agree, the signings under Bruce bare a very different trade mark to the others I agree. I suspect they were players scouted and analysed by someone close to Bruce that he trusts. In fact didn't Bruce bring in some recruitment guy? Where is he?

... and by the time Bruce got here the money had run out basically... which could have forced us to work smarter (bargains). 

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

... and by the time Bruce got here the money had run out basically... which could have forced us to work smarter (bargains). 

Yep. I maintain we did some great business in that window, finding value is where we need to be. I do feel there's a genuine risk at the moment of those signings being tainted by the attitude of those who were already here. You can see it happening.

I feel like even players with the best mentality will be dragged down if they are absolutely surrounded by individuals that don't give a sh!t. 

Edited by Morepork

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

We shouldn't need to know how decisions are being made but we can't take anything for granted due to the way we are being run. 

The best recruitment in the game (Liverpool) is done with the most analysis applied by any club. That's not a coincidence. 

The owners spent three quarters of a billion pounds before they got it right though. And it's taken them 10 years.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

His stats this season look decent, more inclined to go with that than some highlights reel that could be made to make literally any player at any level look good. I could put together a couple of minutes of Jordan Rhodes looking sharp this season (if I showed a few replays of his goals at Forest) 

If he was interested in signing and was at the game tonight he will probably be on the first plane out of here. We are more likely to end up signing the keeper who gifted him the last goal on his best bits video.

But that's my point, a highlights real is always way over the top and made to make the player look like the next Pele. This however looks a bit ..... Crap .

Read a few articles on him, looks to have had a bizarre career already and reminiscent of Hidalgo's slightly with his Benfica academy start.

Ajax academy, Eredivisie debut at 15, sudden odd drop to lowly Novara, picks up form and attracts Klopp at Liverpool, Arsenal and Inter supposedly. Instead only goes to Parma cheap and doesn't cut it so goes to Ascoli.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Minton said:

The owners spent three quarters of a billion pounds before they got it right though. And it's taken them 10 years.

I'm not sure about that figure, I think their "net transfer spend" is more like 300m over that period because they bought and sold so well with the likes of Coutinho and Suarez plus others. Also, factor in to that the value of their current squad and they are on the right side of those figures.

I guess 10 years is actually not a long time to go from where they were to arguably the best team in the world. We've just spent half of that same period going backwards in the Championship. Under Klopp their transfer success rate has gone through the roof as has their ability to improve players. The manager and staff have a clear vision of the type of player they want and more importantly the type of player that is capable of playing for them.

Back to my point, I mentioned Liverpool because of their use of data analysis in assessing transfers as well as players needing to fit their style/ethos/mentality. My concern is around the level of detail we go in to when making a transfer because at the moment I don't trust DC and his advisors to sign players with the traits our squad is desperately in need of.

Edited by Morepork

Guest Kagoshimaowl

All true but I strongly believe that if Bruce was still here, we’d be top six right now even with our limitations. Monk is not the man!

13 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All true but I strongly believe that if Bruce was still here, we’d be top six right now even with our limitations. Monk is not the man!

Yeh let’s blame the manager again eh, not like this squad of players have a track record with failure or owt is it

Jump on managerial merry go round again,  because it’s worked so well before hasn’t it ? 

4 hours ago, Minton said:

Unlike us they do actually sell players. With the £700m they have recouped on player sales, they have a lower net spend over the last 10 years than all of the 'Big 5'. In the last 5 years, Liverpool have spent slightly more than West Ham, less than Everton and £400m less than Man City.

It's called a transfer policy and arguably, their's is the best in the business.

Edited by londonowl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Minton said:

If ten years is what it takes then unfortunately we seem to have spent the first five without having come up with a sensible plan never mind finding the right people to actually implement it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So this season he has had 3 red cards, falling out and fighting with team mates, confrontations with fans. Just the type of player we need to bring the changing room together. 

Chansiri can’t win. He’s signing him in response to the need to liven up Hillsorough.

That and requests to see the referee taken out of the game.

Could be the signing of the year so far. 

*Uses words wisely*

• Haha 1