Alessio Da Cruz

I'm more interested in seeing the results of his Character Assessment than any highlights video.

Who exactly are we signing, who has decided that this kid has the kind of character traits we are desperately short of at this club.

I just can't get excited about anyone we bring without knowing how that decision has been made.

We could quite easily be adding fuel to the fire.

2 hours ago, Dandrewchaz said:

23 yr old attacker with a 13 goals/assist in 18 games. Sounds like the player we should be looking at. Not sure what the standard is at Serie B though.

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Nothing special based on this.

His stats this season look decent, more inclined to go with that than some highlights reel that could be made to make literally any player at any level look good. I could put together a couple of minutes of Jordan Rhodes looking sharp this season (if I showed a few replays of his goals at Forest) 

If he was interested in signing and was at the game tonight he will probably be on the first plane out of here. We are more likely to end up signing the keeper who gifted him the last goal on his best bits video.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Are we that desperate 

Yes. 

Even with a fit Fletcher, our 4 forwards aren’t good enough to keep us 6th or above. 

And also, we’re losing too much and need someone new to defend from the front to at least steady the ship. 

He won’t be any worse at it than Nuhiu, Winnall or Rhodes... even if this guy has Jet lag.  

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm more interested in seeing the results of his Character Assessment than any highlights video.

Who exactly are we signing, who has decided that this kid has the kind of character traits we are desperately short of at this club.

I just can't get excited about anyone we bring without knowing how that decision has been made.

We could quite easily be adding fuel to the fire.

Bang on MP.

I thought the ‘backgrounds’ of all players were looked into before signing them?

Seems to be a pattern emerging that the psychology of players since Paxo has been involved might not have been looked into as closely as in the past?

CC, Jos and now Monk have certainly referred to this ‘Mentality’ thing getting in the way....

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Yes. 

Even with a fit Fletcher, our 4 forwards aren’t good enough to keep us 6th or above. 

Strange analysis, given that before Fletcher's injury it was good enough for precisely that.

But that was of course mostly due to just one of them.

Edited by DJMortimer

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Strange analysis, given that before Fletcher's injury it was good enough for precisely that.

... but Fletcher, the one scoring the goals, was likely to get injured at some point... and the other 3 aren’t going to carry us for half a season. 

Edit: (Nuhiu will chip in with a couple). 

Edited by Kopparberg

5 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Bang on MP.

I thought the ‘backgrounds’ of all players were looked into before signing them?

Seems to be a pattern emerging that the psychology of players since Paxo has been involved might not have been looked into as closely as in the past?

CC, Jos and now Monk have certainly referred to this ‘Mentality’ thing getting in the way....

100% mate. Mentality/Character I don't care how good you are, they are are absolute first priority in a player and if they are missing its no thank you. 

I have no confidence that the club know anywhere near enough about the players we sign and the manager probably less through no fault of his own.

Big concern.

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I have no confidence that the club know anywhere near enough about the players we sign and the manager probably less through no fault of his own.

We wouldn’t know that, but I agree with you. 

The signings Bruce brought in ‘care’ I think, and overall have worked out well for us... maybe he knew more about them as individuals? Was this the first time someone had a firm grip on transfers?

What we do know is, money has been spilling out of this club like a bucket with a hole... so we might be guilty of throwing money at players without much research.