Alessio Da Cruz

Guest Bulgaria
10 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Love your optimism but.. Wednesday unearthing a gem.. really? Really though

Wednesday would have trouble unearthing an earthworm on a damp day.

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not read entire thread so sorry if already discussed... 

Do we have option to sign built into the deal? 

Not seen anything confirming this but I read Ascoli had an option to buy him. They've obviously given that up having kicked him out for the red cards, fight with a team mate and arguing with travelling fans. 

I like him already :biggrin: Might be what we need, someone with a bit of a wild side. If he can control it and likes the love from fans then he could be quality. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, prowl said:

If we knew Monk or the new team in charge of transfers were responsible I think a lot more posters would be happy. This has a whiff of Paxo about it.

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but 3 sendings off does seem a bit excessive. If he was playing in England we could find out what he was sent off for. in Italy we might not. There's a bit of difference in getting sent off for a couple of yellows cauused by mistimed tackles and getting set off for punching an official or other player.

Anyway he's here now so we will soon get to have a look at him.

I suppose this comes down to which way your glass is filled to half f

ill or half empty? im a believer in circumstances and coaching so I’d like to believe we could coach and support those red cards especially as he was receiving  racial abuse for one of them from his own fans. Plus I’d be highlighting the 6 goals and 6 assists he’s already provided this season and be looking for to  get more of the same. Like o say glass half full or half empty

some will always find something to moan about or critise. We’ve signed a young attacking player that’s been doing his job at the level he’s been played at it’s an area  we need to strengthen. I know nothing about him so I’ll judge him on what I see and hope those attacking stats follow for him to our team 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Not read entire thread so sorry if already discussed... 

Do we have option to sign built into the deal? 

According to the internet (I know, not an absolutely accurate source) he's out of contract in the summer.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have some kind of option for a longer deal depending how he does. That would be extremely naive.

• Thanks 1

Like most, i never heard of him, and know nothing about him really, he may not adapt to the English game, in which case we won't really of lost anything, but there is chance he may be a diamond in the rough, and become a success and a  saleable asset in the future, worth a punt.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

According to the internet (I know, not an absolutely accurate source) he's out of contract in the summer.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have some kind of option for a longer deal depending how he does. That would be extremely naive.

Think he has a Parma contract til 2022. Worst thing for us is he does well then other teams can pick him up in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

Got to agree, Grumble. There's a lot of discontent and ill-feeling at the club at the moment, and it's showing on the pitch. We often say a manager has 'lost the dressing room' as though its a case of an Owner, a manager, and a Dressing Room, intimating that the dressing room is all of one feeling. This is never the case.In any one group, there will always be someone who disagrees with another It may be discontent because A is getting more money than B, .It may be because it is felt in the DR that C is not pulling  his weight. It could even be that D is f***ing E's wife (not unknown in what is a close-knit society). We don't know, and it is likely that Monk doesn't know We see lots of foootage about DRs being together, but its usually at successful clubs.

As for bringing in new players, the choice is finally down to the Chairman. He's the one who's money is at stake.No manager can act on players he has never seen, and let's face it, the Manager is watching Wednesday, or should be. All Managers rely on recommendations. It's called the Scouting System, or used to be

One thing is certain, whatever the player is like,HE MUST BE GIVEN A CHANCE. Unfortunately, a major factor of being a Wednesdayite is expecting perfection immediately. The lad must be given a good chance.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re in the bargain basement 

How miserable is this club

A player sought after by Arsenal and Liverpool 2 years ago, a player signed by a club for €3m 1 year ago, how exactly is that bargain basement? Clueless.

17 hours ago, fpowl said:

I hope the club has given monk a brief on how they want to play and the ethos of the club or as accepted monks vision and ethos and are giving him time to change it like I say I think every manager needs two summer windows to Really be judged 

Teams like Bristol, Brentford, Southampton etc.... can change their manager but they stay true to the vision and culture of the club and recruit a manager to take over and progress 

it’s like we don’t know what we are or what we want so we just employ the next guy and when that doesn’t work within 12-18 month we go on to the next and the cycle starts again 

how can a manager come in during the season with players on 6month-4year contracts expect to instil his methods and vision into players of they can’t or won’t be receptive to them 

this is why I always say two summer windows you would of hope some of the players could have adapted to the managers style and mentality where others contracts would gave been run down or released 

Brentford have brought in the most unknown players than any other in this division...and most of them have been sold on for a profit after helping them progress...THAT is the blueprint we should be looking at

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be interesting to see what Monk says about the signing. Don’t you normally get something on the official website when a signing is announced with a few words from the manager? 

If you're implying he's not Monk's signing...he probably isn't. But then, he shouldn't be. That's why you have a recruitment team to assess what's out there. What is the point of having Downes & Hughes unless we source this type of signing? 

On 28/01/2020 at 22:49, agentwalker said:

Someone who can make an impact NOW, someone familiar with the division. This just  looks like a random punt on a promising player who they hope can adjust quickly.

The impact now player who knows the division  is the one who will cost a fortune and be worth nowt in three years. Just the type DC is getting dogs abuse for signing in the past. The promising player will be cheap and just might do the business.