Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.a8ebae10846ea8ea733c07288e7fcb8e.png

 

 

Didn't know Jermaine Jenas had grown a moustache.

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italian fans are leaving the comment Somaro on twitter about him.

Which translates to Donkey lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WalthamOwl said:


would it really surprise you? 

Stuffing ball should keep his nose out and let the manager decide who to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Didn't know Jermaine Jenas had grown a moustache.

 

 

 

He hasn't. That's Alessio Da Cruz you daft racist.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Italian fans are leaving the comment Somaro on twitter about him.

Which translates to Donkey lol

 

Will fit in well here then :ph34r:lol:ghoulguy:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Italian fans are leaving the comment Somaro on twitter about him.

Which translates to Donkey lol

That's 2 we might have then.is anyone going to Blackpool soon to buy a kiss me quick squeeze me slow hat

 

Seriously I hope he proves us all wrong and smashing goals in for fun

Edited by TINKERBELL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Monk said something like....

" The club tell me there are one or two near"

 

Doesn't he know who they are or what the situation is regards their signing?

A bit of a worry.

 

 

Or is it a case of, the manager gives a list of people he is interested in or positions to reinforce to the chairman/ board etc and they do the negotiating. 

 

I suspect managers don't deal with the minutiae of the deals, so perfectly plausible that he wouldn't know much more than a deal is near or a no go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest addedtime
3 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

 

 

Or is it a case of, the manager gives a list of people he is interested in or positions to reinforce to the chairman/ board etc and they do the negotiating. 

 

I suspect managers don't deal with the minutiae of the deals, so perfectly plausible that he wouldn't know much more than a deal is near or a no go. 

We have a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

That's 2 we might have then.is anyone going to Blackpool soon to buy a kiss me quick squeeze me slow hat

 

Seriously I hope he proves us all wrong and smashing goals in for fun

Just 2? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Owlsbornanbred said:

Leicester signed Riyad Mahrez from the French 2nd division for £400k. Similar to Knockaert. Every so often a gem is unearthed from an obscure league. 

This kid could be a success or complete failure at Wednesday, but the type of signing we are now in the market for is unlikely to be a household name. Any signing we make who you've heard of is likely to either be a crock or over the hill (see George Boyd). 

We might already have Reach, Harris and Murphy, but they are inconsistent and have a limited skill set. If this new kid is rapid and skillful, but a bit mardy - I'll take that if it gives us a bit of an x factor when the game has slowed to a snails pace and we are lumping hail mary passes to whichever number 9 is playing. 

When was the last gem we signed that then made it.

 

I can only think of 3 in the last 25 years Brunt free from Boro, Whelan free from Man City and Majid Bougerra who we signed for £300k and sold for £2.5m 6 months later.

 

I cannot think off any others that we signed and sold for loads more than we paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somaro or asino doesn't have the same connotations in Italian. It's used to call someone stupid...an ass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, addedtime said:

We have a winner.

 

It's a tough job but someone has to try to keep looking over their half full glass with rose coloured glasses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Monk said something like....

" The club tell me there are one or two near"

 

Doesn't he know who they are or what the situation is regards their signing?

A bit of a worry.


I suspect he knows full well who the players are & what the situation is.  He's said before he doesn't like to mention names until there's something concrete to tell. His "The club tell me there are one or two near" is just fobbing off the journos.

 

I'm presuming the process will be Monk telling the 2 recruitment guys that Bruce set on the positions he wants to strengthen & the player profile he requires.  The recruitment guys will source players fitting the profile & Monk will then pick the ones he prefers. It's then up to the recruitment guys & financial people to try & get deals done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, room0035 said:

When was the last gem we signed that then made it.

 

I can only think of 3 in the last 25 years Brunt free from Boro, Whelan free from Man City and Majid Bougerra who we signed for £300k and sold for £2.5m 6 months later.

 

I cannot think off any others that we signed and sold for loads more than we paid.

 

We doubled our money (at least) on Lucas Joao. I think we might have done so with Michail Antonio as well. Not sure if they qualify as budget finds though.

 

But overall it's a horrendous catalogue of failure dating back at least two decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Just 2? Lol

Probably more but if we played more than 2 then RSPCA would be on our backs for cruelty .

 

The question I'd like answers to is why is stuffing ball still at the club and what does he exactly do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogbad said:


I suspect he knows full well who the players are & what the situation is.  He's said before he doesn't like to mention names until there's something concrete to tell. His "The club tell me there are one or two near" is just fobbing off the journos.

 

I'm presuming the process will be Monk telling the 2 recruitment guys that Bruce set on the positions he wants to strengthen & the player profile he requires.  The recruitment guys will source players fitting the profile & Monk will then pick the ones he prefers. It's then up to the recruitment guys & financial people to try & get deals done.

You are probably right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simpark said:

 

Opened in twitter and translated.... Quite a promising thread that. 

 

Sounds like the only thing holding him back from being a success even in serie A is the fact that he's a head case. 

 

Should have the required quality, just hope he doesn't continue to get sent off every 3 games. Let's aim for every 6 to start with :laugh:

Edited by kilbyj
I like pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He might be good, he might be poo, who knows.

 

Hopefully he'll be decent.

This has got paxo written all over it. Sage and onion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...