Alessio Da Cruz

Guest The Horse

Well, I'm excited by this.

Sounds like just the personality we need to come in, shake things up and rough up some championship defenders who were hoping for an easy day against powder puff Jordan.
Got a feeling he'll be like Flasheart from Blackadder. Come in, lay out all the idiots, shag their women, score a load of goals, and fizz off again.
Welcome to Wednesday!!

10 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I wonder how much input Monk has had bringing this lad in ?

Hope he is totally involved in it 

I think after the last few games the conversation wen't like this.

Paxo:  Hey Gazza, i've got this young unproven strik....

Monk: get him ASAP

Leicester signed Riyad Mahrez from the French 2nd division for £400k. Similar to Knockaert. Every so often a gem is unearthed from an obscure league. 

This kid could be a success or complete failure at Wednesday, but the type of signing we are now in the market for is unlikely to be a household name. Any signing we make who you've heard of is likely to either be a crock or over the hill (see George Boyd). 

We might already have Reach, Harris and Murphy, but they are inconsistent and have a limited skill set. If this new kid is rapid and skillful, but a bit mardy - I'll take that if it gives us a bit of an x factor when the game has slowed to a snails pace and we are lumping hail mary passes to whichever number 9 is playing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Owlsbornanbred said:

Leicester signed Riyad Mahrez from the French 2nd division for £400k. Similar to Knockaert. Every so often a gem is unearthed from an obscure league. 

This kid could be a success or complete failure at Wednesday, but the type of signing we are now in the market for is unlikely to be a household name. Any signing we make who you've heard of is likely to either be a crock or over the hill (see George Boyd). 

We might already have Reach, Harris and Murphy, but they are inconsistent and have a limited skill set. If this new kid is rapid and skillful, but a bit mardy - I'll take that if it gives us a bit of an x factor when the game has slowed to a snails pace and we are lumping hail mary passes to whichever number 9 is playing. 

Common sense alert 

10 minutes ago, Owlsbornanbred said:

Love your optimism but.. Wednesday unearthing a gem.. really? Really though

• Haha 2

He could be a success, he could be a flop. But before people start writing him off before he's even kicked a ball because he isn't a 'name', remember Teemu Pukki was a free transfer from Brondby. I know it's the hope that kills you, but it's all we've got.

I'll bet the ones moaning on here are the ones that asked why we were signing Bannan when we already had McGugan, complained John Sheridan couldn't even get a game for Forest, and thought Jimmy Seed was past it and a waste of money.

Saying that, if he turns out to be shìt, let me be the first to say I told you so.

• Haha 2