Kay Sara, Sara. Whatever will be, will be.

We're going to Wemberlee, Kay Sara, Sara.

Due to unprecedented demand for tickets Sheffield Wednesday, Man Citeh and the FA have agreed to move the match to Wemberlee and the clubs get 50,000 tickets each. Mr Chansiri told the Citeh heirarchy, "Don't worry lads. The Wednesday faithful will buy up any tickets you don't sell."  :image:FFS

Well, the hyper-optimistic view is that whoever is gonna win the cup will probably need to beat City along the way, and so better to play them now in between two big matches than at Wembley in a few months time.

Still, the difference between a 2% chance of winning and a 0.02% chance I fear

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot believe anyone thinks this is a crap draw 

Night game 

Massive crowd

chance of a upset 

Might even go missen 

The only people thinking this is a bad draw are those that are deluded enough to think we could win the Cup :laugh:

25 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

The only people thinking this is a bad draw are those that are deluded enough to think we could win the Cup :laugh:

They’re the same people who would be moaning whatever team we drew. 

It’s a great draw. We’ll not get to Wembley anyway so it’s good to get a top team at this point. 

4 hours ago, OzOwl said:

Why not?

Apart from man City I would fancy us against anyone, especially away from home.

We won a cup in 91 as a championship team,

Apart from spotty teenagers who want to get selfies with Pep and Sergio, i think the majority would have let out a huge sigh when we drew them

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Be nice if we turn up for this one. Last year vs Chelsea was a right damp squib. 

Exactly.

Awful draw.

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

big clubs with plenty of tradition, a packed out Hillsborough with 6k City fans in the away end, a great atmosphere under the lights, a proper cup tie.

For about 10 minutes, then all you will hear is the away fans.

Yes I am a cranky poopydoo this morning.

Sick as a dog, shivering under my duvet and I have to go to work in 2 hours.

Edited by Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Those Wimbledon green spots are not going to clean themselves, are they.

Get well soon, Great Uncle. :ph34r:

Is it only me that thinks that this game represents everything wrong with football?

A upper middling club vastly overpowered by financial doping by petro-dollars from an unsavoury regime in the middle east. (Everything we would love to be - I know).

A team so way beyond us it's likely to be embarrassing and also boring.

A midweek FA cup tie.

Struggling to get served in the Barrack.

Horrible game.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, OzOwl said:

Of course we can win it lol

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

Is it only me that thinks that this game represents everything wrong with football?

A upper middling club vastly overpowered by financial doping by petro-dollars from an unsavoury regime in the middle east. (Everything we would love to be - I know).

A team so way beyond us it's likely to be embarrassing and also boring.

A midweek FA cup tie.

Struggling to get served in the Barrack.

Horrible game.

Unless we beat em !

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, doubleo said:

Great draw. We're desperate to get back to the Prem. This is the sort of opposition we want EVERY week. If you can't look forward to this we don't deserve to get back. Bring them on.

100% agree

6 hours ago, shandypants said:

They’re the same people who would be moaning whatever team we drew. 

It’s a great draw. We’ll not get to Wembley anyway so it’s good to get a top team at this point. 

We wont now but with a favourable draw we would have had chance ..Pompey at home would have been preferable .

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

First Bulgarian coronavirus..nailed on..

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Good god almighty,what the hell has happened to wednesdays support (on here),you set of surrender monkeys,whinge and whine about getting shyte cup draws,well this is a cracking draw,the current champions of england at hillsborough midweek,but "oh no,its man city,lets hide behind the sofa,let me know when its over",makes me badly reading that crap,and how the hell does it equate to dem blavdes winning the bloody thing,christ alive.

Lol,

I get ya.

But I think the thinking behind this mentality is this......

Even with all the complete shambles Wednesday often give you. Like almost blowing away a 2 goal lead against QPR when there is literally 2 mins to go.

I personally only trust Wednesday to beat United. The only other club I trust to beat United is City. Because City take this competition seriously and they are good. Like, their 4th string team are good.

Liverpool aren't bothered, Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham are either rubbish this season or unreliable.

I could trust Leicester or Wolves to do a job on United more than the so called big clubs.

So when United get these jammy cup draws and we get Citeh the natural thinking is they are going to win it, especially with it being the quarter finals next round.

You can't please all the people all the time.

IF and its a big IF we manage to beat them  I wonder what the doubting Thomas's will say.

There is always a major upset in the cup. Why not us beating Man C?

Then on to Man U.

Then Liverpool 

Then Blunts in Final.

Then we win the cup.

lol

I think that's the right number of games.

Monk becomes a Wednesday legend.

monk.png.9a6cdf67a7265d99dfa414d0cb4cb2c9.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1