Cammy Whammy

Top news he’s made that shirt he’s own now and I can’t see anybody taking it off him baring injury 

If his ability grows better than our clubs progression he might end up playing at a higher level later on but apart from that I see a young player From our academy cementing a place that will see him make 500-600 club appearances. 

not very often players like this come through the academy I’m hoping wildsnith will push him all the way 

palmers another great example I’m hoping the likes of penny and urhoghide  can be the next to follow suit in time 

this is really good news, one of our own 

Edited by fpowl

Great news and well deserved.

4 years is a big commitment for us (usually we fanny about with 2 or 3 year deals), surely cements his place as the number 1 for the foreseeable future and an established 1st team player.  

Hard work starts here to continue his development. 

• Like 1

Congratulations and well deserved.. He’s often been criticised and was arguably dropped in at the deep end, unfairly, by Dross Lukuhay. 

Be interesting to see what happens with wildsmith now. Injury certainly not helped him, may as well loan him out somewhere local

28 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Congratulations and well deserved.. He’s often been criticised and was arguably dropped in at the deep end, unfairly, by Dross Lukuhay

Be interesting to see what happens with wildsmith now. Injury certainly not helped him, may as well loan him out somewhere local

Disagree here. He was in his early 20s and had played for us previously. How was that being dropped in at the deep end? If he didn't have ambitions to be #1 then not sure it's the sort of player I want in goal.

Keep him improving and sell him for a bundle in a few years. Needs to get better with his feet but he has improved no end on crosses compared with last season. 

Always thought he seemed very mature for his 24 years, sounds it here too. Should do his confidence a world of good getting this deal sorted, and if he continues to become a more commanding box presence as it does so then I think that’s the one thing that’ll really make him a top-drawer ‘keeper.