FA CUP 5th ROUND DRAW

31 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Anybody except the Blunts - we are far too fragile to play them.

You might be, I’m not though, bring whoever on 

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

if we get a big team say man Utd away its a guaranteed £1m pay day that means DC has no excuse for not bring in a loan player or two - we get a lower league team away then maybe not as much other than the £360k for winning the match.

Wouldnt make a difference till end of season as 5th round in March I believe but it could help towards new contracts and filling gaps at the end of the season 

52 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Man Utd stadium holds 76,000, tickets will be £20-30 a ticket

Both clubs get 45% of the gate receipts with 10% going to the FA, for tv to show the game we would be looking at close to £250k, then if we win there is prize money too.

Sounds about right. Even if all tickets were sold at £20 it would tickle £1m each including TV money...

Edited by Lombado

I like to add new grounds to my list in the cups, very little opportunity to add to it in the league these days. So combined with the fact that we play better away I'd be quite happy with a trip to any of Spurs/Southampton, Arsenal, Portsmouth, Oxford. Unfortunately the game being midweek makes them twattish places to get to, or at least home from, by train.

I reckon we'll get a top Prem team at home - Leicester, which isn't actually all that exciting tbh, and lose 4-0.

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Stop doing that, I know how many old Trafford holds, I know what the prize money is per round. 

Ah, now I see, not so much of a guarantee then, more of a "I think, I hope" there'd be 76, 000 there, and it'd be chosen for TV, and whatever else you wish. 

there last round tie against Wolves attracted 67,000 people and Wolves were charge £40 + a ticket

Trust me when I say the figure I am quoting is a lot under what we could get if we drew man Utd away. but don't worry we will probably get Northampton away.

48 minutes ago, newbster said:

Wouldnt make a difference till end of season as 5th round in March I believe but it could help towards new contracts and filling gaps at the end of the season 

So income you were not expecting won help you bring loan signing in really!!

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Coventry v Brum game has a few interesting facts.

Tie was played at Brum due to Coventry being homeless.

Coventry had the home dressing room and home end.

Replay is at Brum so they are the home team and will have the home dressing room and supporters.

Coventry have no chance now they are the away team.WTF:

Has this ever happened before in football

The only team I think it might have happened is Palace and Wimbledon when they both played at Sell Hurst park but maybe someone will know.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

there last round tie against Wolves attracted 67,000 people and Wolves were charge £40 + a ticket

Trust me when I say the figure I am quoting is a lot under what we could get if we drew man Utd away. but don't worry we will probably get Northampton away.

Room, you said it was a guaranteed "£1 million" pay day if we drew Man utd away,it isn't and never will be guaranteed.

And I very rarely trust anything you post, and laugh when you're wrong. 

Don't take it personal tho eh, just a faceless poster replying to another. 

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

49 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Has this ever happened before in football

The only team I think it might have happened is Palace and Wimbledon when they both played at Sell Hurst park but maybe someone will know.

It happens at least twice a season in Milan.