Winnall’s reaction when scoring

Guest The Horse

He works his arse off and Monk seems to really favour him for that.

Also interesting is the reaction of the other players with him, they seem genuinely chuffed for him.

A well worked and well taken goal. 

Delighted for Winnall to get a goal like that.

He works his socks off, mostly with little reward.

But he seemed a good finisher prior to when we signed him.

If he stays, hopefully that will do his confidence some good and getting him back in form, the kind of form we haven't seen enough of would save us having to scramble about trying to offload strikers in order to bring in a couple of attackers before the window shuts.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He does work his socks off and I’m pleased he got his goal last night. However, neither him or Rhodes are good enough for where we want to be. It’s harsh but it’s the reality. 

I think it depends what type of football / type of chances we create. Winnall works his socks off and when gets chances can score. He was top scorer in the year we bought him. 

But if we’re playing hoof ball or floaty balls from deep he’s not the man. 

Out of all our strikers he probably has the best all round game whilst not being exceptional in any one area. I’d keep him in front of the others for that reason alone.

As for Winnall:

Works hard and gets about the pitch.

Doesn't have the quality of a Fletch but he just by virtue of putting a shift in, he has to start right now.

The other two are just too static, though once again the big man stepped up when coming off the bench.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

As for Winnall:

Works hard and gets about the pitch.

Doesn't have the quality of a Fletch but he just by virtue of putting a shift in, he has to start right now.

The other two are just too static, though once again the big man stepped up when coming off the bench.

Unless we’re able to unearth some cheap gems I’d keep both Winnall & Nuhiu. Neither set the world alight but both serve purpose in a squad. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Great goal that.

Appreciate QPR were piling forward, but we cut them apart there.

Makes you wonder sometimes what we are capable of and why we often lack such quality going forward. 

Bit of a mystery, as is our inconsistency and the contrast between our home and away form. Maybe it as something to do with the balance of the team? Sometimes we look solid; other times we look vulnerable, occasionally we look good going forward and a threat, other times we struggle to create anything or struggle to kill teams off. If only we could get the balance right more often? Because at times we do look an effective solid decent outfit and other times we look toothless or shambolic to be honest, which is frustrating af. 

• Like 1

Right now, you’ve got to start with winnall with the options we currently have given fletcher is out. Rhodes just seems to stroll around the pitch without doing anything. His all round game is very poor. Only suits playing with a big man up front, I.e. fletch in a 4-4-2. You won’t get a great deal thing from him but I suppose he may be a goal threat. 

Personally, I don’t think either are good enough for where we want to be. I’m sure if offers of a loan/permanent move in January, they will be both out of the door.

Edited by Bouncing Owl