Actions speak louder than words - Monk

image.png.3e839099b0acf704aa862c202eb02c1a.png

Pride in the shirt- We let oursleves and our fans down badly last week at Hillsborough and  knowing that 3000 of our fans were coming down tonight the aim was to restore a little bit of pride back into that shirt. We're in the next round that's great but most importantly there was pride for those 3000 fans.  

Action louder than words -Weve talked in the week but actions speak louder than words and tonight was a proof of action. The performance and win puts a little way towards amends but the challenge has to be to do it in the league next Tuesday.  

Winnall-. Deserved that, he worked tirelessly tonight, and got his rewards.  As did the whole team.

Right attitude- You saw the attitude, the lads put their bodies on the line, and the last 15 when they threw eveything at us the lads throwing themselves infront of eveything

Away form . Doesn't matter if it's home or away I want that intensity. You have to have that intensity, attitude and focus in every game and I've said that all along. When we do that you've see  what they're capable of. But We're not a team that can afford to be anywhere below that level. We have to have that attitude, intensity that high level every game.  

• Like 6

I thought we showed another way of winning tonight, no real creativity thought the middle but plenty of graft and intent. Pleased it worked out and anything that puts people under pressure to perform is a huge positive.

Edited by Morepork

6 hours ago, sMacLean said:

As great as it was we were playing a mid-table Championship rival. We shouldn't be having to treat scraping a win there the same as beating a PL team.

Although inconsistent like ourselves, QPR had been in decent form prior to last night. They were confident after thrashing the likes of Cardiff and Swansea,plus defeating Leeds. They would've fancied their chances at home against us considering our form. Also quite a few of their players are being looked at by top flight clubs. They're no mugs just inconsistent. That was also the first time we had beaten them for a while too. 

• Like 1

A hard worked decent away performance.

About from the odd error, we looked solid and showed a threat and we showed some character to bounce back after the Blackburn drubbing. Some pleasing aspects, in going away at an in form team and getting a comfortable win against a free-scoring side after the hammering we recently received shows we do have some fight and bottle. Hopefully we can show that fight more often and at home not just away from home.  

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

A hard worked decent away performance.

About from the odd error, we looked solid and showed a threat and we showed some character to bounce back after the Blackburn drubbing. Some pleasing aspects, in going away at an in form team and getting a comfortable win against a free-scoring side after the hammering we recently received shows we do have some fight and bottle. Hopefully we can show that fight more often and at home not just away from home.  

I thought we thoroughly deserved that win. I'm sure folks will nit pick through it looking for things. But we're safe in the next round and as a cup lover I'm delighted about that.