Reach goal

Leeds 0-2 

Murphy goal

Reach assist

Blackburn 0-5

Nada

QPR 1-2

Reach assist

Murphy on the right and Reach on the left have been directly responsible for 80% of our goals in the time we’ve gone with this tactic. 

Let’s keep using it. Reach is our best crosser and Murphy is bang in form.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought Murphy played very well last night and I’m a bit perplexed why he got taken off. Monk has a habit of doing this - subbing your best player on the day/night!

We have 3 good wide men - we need them to keep pushing each other like that for the rest of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Thought Murphy played very well last night and I’m a bit perplexed why he got taken off. Monk has a habit of doing this - subbing your best player on the day/night!

We have 3 good wide men - we need them to keep pushing each other like that for the rest of the season. 

Agree.

Can only assume it was precautionary and he was being protected for the next game.

I will say though - on the positive side - the switching of Harris from left to right hopefully means Monk has finally realized Reach is our best (and one of our most potent weapons) on the left

Edited by McRightSide

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Agree.

Can only assume it was precautionary and he was being protected for the next game.

I will say though - on the positive side - the switching of Harris from left to right hopefully means Monk has finally realized Reach is our best (and one of our most potent weapons) on the left

Agree. How many assists has reach got with crosses or passes from the left this season? And he’s hardly played in this area either.

I think we only played him from the right as he could cut in and let rip with a 30 yarder. I’d rather play a conventional way and play the percentages and allow reach to go down the left flank and look for our strikers in the box or runners from midfield.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Murphy played well last night.

Had the beating if their fullback and his crossing was decent.

As for Harris:

Still looks a bit knackered to me. I'm yet to be convinced, though I appreciate he has his fans. For the life of me, I cant understand his obsession with wanting to use his weaker, left foot. 

Last night, he switched to the right and started trying to cut in on his left :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

But yes, perhaps it makes sense to go with two wingers and to not play them Inverted.

Have Reach whipping balls in from the left and Murphy looking to beat his fullback on the right, same with Harris.

Edited by SiJ

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Murphy played well last night.

Had the beating if their fullback and his crossing was decent.

As for Harris:

Still looks a bit knackered to me. I'm yet to be convinced, though I appreciate he has his fans. For the life of me, I cant understand his obsession with wanting to use his weaker, left foot. 

Last night, he switched to the right and started trying to cut in on his left :duntmatter:

Problem is that he’s good...but predictable. 

Now he’s been sussed by the opposites he’s trying to do different things. Problem is that he isn’t as good at that.

Needs to just go back to basics really and focus on what he’s good at...direct, down the line, 1 or 2 step overs and then stand it up across the box

What Murphy did. really well last night was beat his man and get the cross in, most of the time with decent quality 

Edited by McRightSide

59 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Murphy is improving every match. Still reluctant to pass the ball and wants to score every time which I suppose is good in a way.

He was taken off as a precautionary matter, he had strapping on his leg when sat in the dugout so I can only assume it was due to a slight injury.

Hopefully back for next match.

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Brighton 0-1

Reach goal

Leeds 0-2 

Murphy goal

Reach assist

Blackburn 0-5

Nada

QPR 1-2

Reach assist

Murphy on the right and Reach on the left have been directly responsible for 80% of our goals in the time we’ve gone with this tactic. 

Let’s keep using it. Reach is our best crosser and Murphy is bang in form.

Totally agree mate, but I was led to understand that Reach was a total waste of space, should be either sold/whipped/hung at dawn & never play for us again. 

That his ONLY contribution was a few 'worldies' that are few & far between & his contribution other than that is zero.

Oh no, silly me, that was last week wasn't it. !!!

Adam Reach getting a yard of space on the left and pinging it into the middle is probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing things we do as a team. It always looks so natural.

Seems to happen much more frequently when he comes off the bench too. I can't decide if that's because he's wasted on the right or that it's because he has fresh legs when he's subbed on so finds it easier to find that little bit of space. Maybe a bit of both. Either way, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify starting him on the right in games. I was/am a massive advocate of him on the right 'cause he can cut inside and shoot... and you can still see that opponents poop themselves a little when he does cut in... but the bloke just isn't doing it right now, it isn't working out... and he's such a natural at delivering balls in from the left...

Even I'm pretty much converted to "stick him on the left ffs". It empirically works much better than him on the right at the moment.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I though he had started to look a bit tired to be honest, save him for Tuesday