Away draw?

49 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Nah

Man U at home. We can do em. 

Fill the stadium, TV rights, £360k prize fund. Get in. 

Away is better - twice as much gate money, it'll still be on TV (cos it's Man Utd innit), and a better chance of beating them.

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Away is better - twice as much gate money, it'll still be on TV (cos it's Man Utd innit), and a better chance of beating them.

No home please, FA Cup games are about the only ones I can afford to attend these days! 

Has any team ever won the FA Cup without playing at home? 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

With the lack of expectation and outstanding , passionate, vociferous support on the road the players would probably like it if we could play every game away from home, both league and cup!

I know I would.

Why can't it be like that at home? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

With the lack of expectation and outstanding , passionate, vociferous support on the road the players would probably like it if we could play every game away from home, both league and cup!

I know I would.

But for a mad 3 minutes at Stoke and a dodgy pen at Derby, we'd have a ridiculous 7 consecutive league and cup away wins. 

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
28 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Got shot down for this previously but I think Liverpool at home would be dreadful.

That would make their season...

Winning prem and coming back here to win in the Fa cup. All the media can blow them off with all the 96 disaster fanfare saying they won the league for them etc.

About 5 years ago in Spain I had a load of them chanting murderer at me when I was with my 2 year old Daughter who had a wednesday kit on.

They are absolute filth can't stand them

11 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Winning prem and coming back here to win in the Fa cup. All the media can blow them off with all the 96 disaster fanfare saying they won the league for them etc.

About 5 years ago in Spain I had a load of them chanting murderer at me when I was with my 2 year old Daughter who had a wednesday kit on.

Whilst I am sure very few are like that, it kind of links to my point. All it takes is a handful of wee pipe heads (on either side) and opponents will react. But if anything was said / chanted / done we would look dreadful.

Genuinely better leaving until a league clash.

53 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why ?

As replied elsewhere, I just don’t see how we could benefit. Enormous attention on our ground (viewed from 2020 vision not 1980s), huge potential for idiots to say / do stupid things which would then become the media hook.

Yes, I know they have been here since 89: I saw Nilsson’s farewell, Owen’s hat trick, booth’s save with his face, cresswell’s winner, opening day loss in 1999. Things have changed.

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Certainly the most self-righteous set of fans around. Proper little echo chamber.