Are the players bottlejobs?

5 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Let's not beat around the bush, they are bottlejobs.

Every opportunity they've had over the last few years to gain any sort of ground on the top 2 or 3, they've bottled. 

So every team that is not in the top 2 of their league is bottlejob. 

Seems dumb to me. 

Edited by flo

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't think we have the players who would run through a brick wall for the cause, like, as much as I hate to say it, the Pigs do. I honestly believe our problems are down to players mentality. 

This^^^^. Whilst the oinkers have the odd bad result, they bounce back. For us it seems an accepted given that our players will go on runs of poor performances and there is no instant bounce back. Happy to put in a shift when it’s going well but always a pathetic capitulation awaits.

Guest Ferkorf

Our fans just clutch at straws looking to blame anything they can when we lose.

I said in a post yesterday most of these muppets would moan if we got to the premiership because we dont qualify for europe.

Yet they remain silent when we win.

Its time they started getting seen for their mental health problems especially the psychos that put stuff on twitter threatening players and staff etc

Would the question of the players being ‘bottle jobs’ have been asked immediately after the win away at Leeds in front of a vociferous crowd of 37000, a large proportion being a hostile Leeds fan base?

I never heard it asked.

Theyre inconsistent, but not ‘bottle jobs’.

Theyre inconsistent, just like the ‘supporters’ on here who after a defeat-albeit an awful performance- spend the days until the next victory berating and questioning everything about the club.

I hope that tonight we turn in a quality performance that we all know we have in our lockers, to put an end to the toxic negativity being spouted by a few on here. 

Edited by Tudders
  • Like 1

Guest LittleG
57 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Nope, but it depends who we are playing.

We are poor against tough gritty time wasting sides.

Good sides we seem to do better.

We are easy to out bully, creative footballing sides don't need to resort to shyte anti football tactics...usually!

Btw we deffo bottled the hudds semi...especially the pens :rolleyes:

You are quoting the wrong poster; Burnsie posted those comments.

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Okay

It is time to address the elephant in the room. I wanted to post this a few times…but after the loss vs Blackburn, I thought I’d leave it a few days so I didn’t get excommunicated.

Anyway, every time we lose, we get many, many posters on here (some very regular and respected posters) that say the reason we lost was down to the fact that the players are “bottlers”, “spineless”, “cowards”.

A lot of the evidence for this links back to Wembley (in fact, in the current CC thread someone has mentioned that today).

Well, against Hull we didn’t play well… but did we bottle it? Or did we lose to a team that we’d not beaten that season (1 draw and 1 loss)…a team that finished places above us?  Moreover, of the “bottlers” only 2 “bottlejobs” started vs Blackburn (for those who link the current team to CC’s team). We also have a different manager!

Posters evidence the bottler tag due to the play-off defeats against Hudds. Now here, about 40-50% of the team are still around. And we were gash. However, maybe (as happens in big games…see many finals) two matched teams cancelled each other out. Remember, this Hudds team went up and stayed up. And then we have the “best chance to get promoted since…” Why? Cos it was “only” Reading in the final? Again, a team that finished above us and we didn’t beat them that season??? It wasn’t a forgone conclusion if we’d not “bottled” Hudds. It doesn’t matter Reading wasn’t a “name” at the time!

Earlier this season when we had the chance to go third for the first time and lost (was it to Blackburn again!!)…”bottlers” “always let you down”….

But a few games later we put a run together and did get third…were we bottlers then?

Loss over Christmas = Bottlers

Win away at Brighton and Leeds = never mentioned

Loss vs Blackburn and they are bottlers again.

They cant be bottlers every time they lose of game, surely? If they were bottlers, they wouldn’t win any game, especially hard ones? Moreover, they wouldn’t be professional footballers playing very high up in the game. As many people have said, skill only takes you so far…and playing for a Championship team is very, very far! If they were bottlers, I doubt they would be pros!

So maybe, just maybe, we are just not as good as people seem to think? Have we improved since CC days? If not, why do people suddenly expect us to be up there challenging? The players haven’t shown they are good enough, surely?

“yes, but the players are talented…look at Hutch…he would have been a Chelsea regular if he didn’t get injured….” Well, we’ll never know, cos he did.

At the start of the season, I thought we’d finish around 7-10th, I think we’re probably gonna do that (EFL depending!). Maybe we’ll finish there cos that’s how good we are based on all the teams in this league, not because of mental fortitude.

But just stop with the “bottlers” tag, it just seems lazy, immature and venomous. 

Of course they are bottlers. Look at the number of points we've thrown away this season late in games. That has come from visible panic in the team. Absolute bunch of bottlers.

29 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Would the question of the players being ‘bottle jobs’ have been asked immediately after the win away at Leeds in front of a vociferous crowd of 37000, a large proportion being a hostile Leeds fan base?

I never heard it asked.

Theyre inconsistent, but not ‘bottle jobs’.

Theyre inconsistent, just like the ‘supporters’ on here who after a defeat-albeit an awful performance- spend the days until the next victory berating and questioning everything about the club.

I hope that tonight we turn in a quality performance that we all know we have in our lockers, to put an end to the toxic negativity being spouted by a few on here. 

Leeds were too committted to their own game plan. Had they launched a few long balls into the box they'd have probably equalized.

11 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Of course they are bottlers. Look at the number of points we've thrown away this season late in games. That has come from visible panic in the team. Absolute bunch of bottlers.

What about the points won late in games. Are they like pens, don't count? What about the fact that most foals are scored between 80-90mins (I think....or that could be injuries!!)

Team of limited attacking options. By and large a decent defence, with last Saturday enough of an outlier not to be taken too much notice of.

No doubt a good sports pyschologist could have some impact. But it's not the main issue.

People seem to find it difficult to understand that mid to upper mid table sides are going to have an inconsistent results pattern, and some rank bad results within that.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A lot of that comes from the manager himself Take for example, big León, plenty on here labled him a fat lazy so and so, yet Wilder had him buying into his methods. Wilder and Monk are chalk and cheese

Not sure you can compare monk to anyone yet. He's been here 5 minutes. It took wilder a while to get his methods across.

3 hours ago, The Horse said:

Thing is that prior to the Hull game, Wednesday were a club that rose to the big occasion and usually won.

Caveat: In my lifetime!

I saw us lift the league cup, beat the blunts in the semi, win our first ever play-off campaign at the first attempt then won promotion from under the blunts' noses again with all the assuredness of a club that was used to winning when it really mattered whilst the pigs folded.

It's only since the 2016 final that we seem to have a mental block.

And it's no coincidence that it's ever since these guys came into town.

Indeed, the elephant (s) in the room!!

Or, on the other hand, since we've won that League Cup, we lost two cup finals in a year to a team that finished below us in the league, been shellacked 5-1 and 6-3 on aggregate in two League Cup Semi-Finals, lost every single game we played since '93 against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup and we only got promoted in 2012 because we didn't win the winner-takes-all game at home against Crystal Palace 2 years earlier to get relegated. The two relegations before that we also bottled all the big 6-pointers in the run-in, saving our best form for the 4-0 / 7-2 thrashings we handed out on the last day after we had already been relegated.

5 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Not sure you can compare monk to anyone yet. He's been here 5 minutes. It took wilder a while to get his methods across.

Since king porker took over those f#####s haven't looked back . He's still got players he got to get out of league one lining up against the best in England  . B@$/@£d WTF: