U23s v Hull (h)

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

pfftt

Another defeat to add to the growing list   :unsure:

Hardly surprising that clubs aren't lining up to take some of these youngsters on loan

Individually they might be good enough, but they don't seem to perform well enough as a team

That is what's so disappointing

Anyroad, thanks for the updates once again @John O'Brien and safe journey home

I think the 18s from last season are finding their feet in this league and I would expect a massive difference next season from these lads pushing for the league. A lot of the regulars from the past couple of years maybe need a fresh challenge or loan period.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

I think the 18s from last season are finding their feet in this league and I would expect a massive difference next season from these lads pushing for the league. A lot of the regulars from the past couple of years maybe need a fresh challenge or loan period.

Absolutely. No point in playing likes of Stobbs, Preston, Hunt and even Borukov at that level. If they are to progress they need to find first team football somewhere.

Btw. John, Am I right thinking that Grant is struggling a bit with his form this season ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malek said:

Absolutely. No point in playing likes of Stobbs, Preston, Hunt and even Borukov at that level. If they are to progress they need to find first team football somewhere.

Btw. John, Am I right thinking that Grant is struggling a bit with his form this season ?

Yes let’s place some of these lads out at other clubs, and maybe look at a few more youngsters from elsewhere This is something we have to be a bit more proactive with, you don’t just sit there and wait for clubs to approach us

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malek said:

The boy played all through the summer with the ROI U19s. He must be absolutely drained mentally and physically. 

6 hours ago, owlsincefifties said:

John, is your lad starting or is he still feeling his way back?

Sorry for the late reply mate, yes he started and completed the game with no stomach complaints. I imagine his stats will be very high as he was still pushing himself very hard with pressing. Thanks for asking about him, i will let him know that you were asking after him when i call him later.

• Like 1