Carlos on TalkSport

27 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So he came in and gave us our best season and played the best football for over 20 years, but you'd have sacked him after losing the play off final against a much stronger side - really?!

After bottling the play offs the following year with his negativity, yes I'd have happily got rid then, but it's ludicrous and using extreme 20:20 hindsight to say he should have left in 2016.

I do not understand the hate with Carlos. Like you say, everyone has the benefit of hindsight, so try to look good by saying "told you he was useless!"

Can question some signings and the poor injury record, transfer dealings was a club issue being stubborn not selling players on. Carlos may had an influence on this but Chansiri has always been very stubborn in keeping team together. 3rd and final season for Carlos showed how stale the squad became.... and still is!

Two myths that get on my nerves;

1) Carlos is a con and he conned us all - he did well, then did bad and got sacked. That's pretty much the lifecycle of any manager. He's still part of an era that saw us play some terrific football, and was our most successful period in the Championship.

2) Stu would've done better - he did well on a budget. But there was no evidence to suggest he'd do any better with money. And he's not done anything since to change my mind on that. 

He bought into wednesday and sheffield. I like the bloke. I can't understand why there's so much venom towards him. 

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

We don’t look any different now to Carlos last season. Don’t think you can blame him for that.

He did well, then it turned sour.

Hardly a new concept for us is it 

the mess he made was the cause of the last season, were now threatening the play off places, then we were in serious danger of relegation. you must have some serious coco coloured glasses on for that comparison.

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you say he 'did a number of good things' you go on to name just one, and then name 2 of the shitters he made. 

what were the other 'good things'?

What's your problem?! Are you the resident moron? Carlos assembled a good technical side and got us playing the best football we've seen at Wednesday the past 20yrs. Successive playoff campaigns. I've acknowledged his mistakes. If you can't see the positives in what he did and need them spelt out, you're a lost cause. 

Nice bloke ,  but dont think he is actually a football manager 

"Best football since the prem days "

well slap my thighs who would have thought it ?

Give him Bessie , Proudlock ,Barrie-murphy etc and see what hes got in his coaching locker 

Always remember when Warnock rocked up with bottom of the league Rotherham and took him to school, as did Nigel Clough !!

Edited by the monk

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

What's your problem?! Are you the resident moron? Carlos assembled a good technical side and got us playing the best football we've seen at Wednesday the past 20yrs. Successive playoff campaigns. I've acknowledged his mistakes. If you can't see the positives in what he did and need them spelt out, you're a lost cause. 

he was the wrong man from the start, money now spent and club in right state, and still you champion the failure.

1 minute ago, the monk said:

"Best football since the prem days " well slap my thighs who would have thought it ?

Give him Bessie , Proudlock ,Barrie-murphy etc and see what hes got in his coaching locker 

Always remember when Warnock rocked up with bottom of the league Rotherham and took him to school, as did Nigel Clough !!

A bottom of the league team rocking up at Hillsborough and having our pants down?

When did that ever happen ??

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the mess he made was the cause of the last season, were now threatening the play off places, then we were in serious danger of relegation. you must have some serious coco coloured glasses on for that comparison.

Not really

Just what I see out on the pitch

Doesnt look a whole lot better.

Lets see where we are in May

For the record I’m no Carlos fan. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

he was the wrong man from the start, money now spent and club in right state, and still you champion the failure.

You really believe the empty coffers are his doing? You think Rhodes was his signing, along with a number of the others? 

1 minute ago, the monk said:

"Best football since the prem days " well slap my thighs who would have thought it ?

you're correct he's not a manager, but if he were appointed under a manager (as I thought at the time was our original plan) could he accept the players need correct fitness to play professional football?

could he do anything other than plan A?, I honestly believe he would stand a good chance, he has bitten off more than he can chew a number of times it seems, to keep doing the same is silly, take a coaching job under a manager carlos, or you'll end up having had 50 jobs.

28 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I fairness to him, I think what he achieved in the first season was 'commendable', up to the wembley fiasco (where he shat himself). 

the second he shat himself in the normal season, 

the third he could barely keep his kecks up they were so full of sh*T.

You ok?