Carlos on TalkSport

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Christ, gotta proper bee in ya bonnet ant ya, I thank Carlos for making watching Wednesday enjoyable to watch, you think he's the devil incarnate. 

Opinions eh. 

perhaps, but yours is wrong, that's why your hero can't land a job, he's been see through, but not by a small handful on here.

46 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

I liked him but he should have gone after Wembley

So he came in and gave us our best season and played the best football for over 20 years, but you'd have sacked him after losing the play off final against a much stronger side - really?!

After bottling the play offs the following year with his negativity, yes I'd have happily got rid then, but it's ludicrous and using extreme 20:20 hindsight to say he should have left in 2016.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Genuinely believe he didn’t have much to do with signings while here. Was head coach in charge of footballing matters and DC and his dodgy mates did the transfers. Facts are he never wanted Jordan Rhodes. Nicest bloke you could wish to meet and best football we’ve seen in a very long time. 

Absolutely this, not sure why people don't get it.

Always amuses me that Carlos seems to get the blame for the mismanagement of the club from higher up the food chain. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, torres said:

Disagree  - i don't think you have to be one or the other 

I think most realise it was a breath of fresh air when he came in

Big personality and got us looking good after it being soooooo bad for long!

We were on cloud 9 to get to the play offs

The bottom line is, i think he flattered to deceive and with the resources available to him should have done far better for much longer 

Thing is we all knew the squad needed refreshing after Carlos' second season. He himself acknowledged that but he wasn't allowed to do it. Who knows what would have happened if he could of brought in the 5 or 6 players he wanted to.

30 minutes ago, Lombado said:

That playoff defeat against Udders was not really his fault.

I, for one, thought we had enough to win. But the players on the day didn't show up.....

Lots of players just returning from injury and not really fit.

If we had not suffered so many injuries in year 2 in convinced we would have gone up automatically.

11 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

perhaps, but yours is wrong, that's why your hero can't land a job, he's been see through, but not by a small handful on here.

WTF are you prattling on about, I don't care what you think he's trying to do now. 

And yeh, the "small handful" on here know/think better than me and others who appreciate the football we played, whoopee f-----g doo, how will I cope. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Thing is we all knew the squad needed refreshing after Carlos' second season. He himself acknowledged that but he wasn't allowed to do it. Who knows what would have happened if he could of brought in the 5 or 6 players he wanted to.

Think Carlos showed at his 15 other clubs that he was not a team builder. 
Comes in and charms everyone for a while to play better but once that wore off he doesn't really have much else to back him up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

WTF are you prattling on about, I don't care what you think he's trying to do now. 

And yeh, the "small handful" on here know/think better than me and others who appreciate the football we played, whoopee f-----g doo, how will I cope. 

i'm not 'pratting on about' anything, BUT I can fully understand you not seeing the light.

does the 'small handful' include ALL those chairmen who won't give him a gig despite his constant 'appeals'? there is a minority though, on one hand the entire world and his dog knows coco's capability, whilst a small rowing boat half full still don't. 

Went wrong after losing to the pigs, didn't sign the right players after playoffs, but, That game against Brighton and the atmosphere at Wembley i will never forget. Always welcome back in my eyes in the hospitality or to do 50/50 draw or whatever. But right now we have Monk and he needs a long spell to sort our mess of a squad. Yes you could say the mess was caused by Carlos, but he also gave us the best 2 seasons we've had in the last 2 decades and i will always be grateful for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

bullshitting conman, who STILL has some fooled.

as I posted the other day, what part of 2 play off disasters is worth the clubs best chance for (20+) years?

have some wednesday fans 'expectations' dropped so low as to look at play off failure as an honour?

there was a time not long ago on here when the pigs continued play off failings were a huge laughing matter, and remember just before he went to his 'boyhood dream club' the biggest body of people in sheffield wanting him to stay were pig fans.

The playoffs is an achievement with the overpaid, unbalanced, selfish ageing squad we have now. With the squad we had Back then it was the minimum standard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I like Carlos. Did a number of good things. Will always remember the quality of football his first season. We played some lovely stuff at times. Then came his mistakes...changing styles & rushing players back from injury. 

you say he 'did a number of good things' you go on to name just one, and then name 2 of the shitters he made. 

what were the other 'good things'?

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

The playoffs is an achievement with the overpaid, unbalanced, selfish ageing squad we have now. With the squad we had Back then it was the minimum standard.

I fairness to him, I think what he achieved in the first season was 'commendable', up to the wembley fiasco (where he shat himself). 

the second he shat himself in the normal season, 

the third he could barely keep his kecks up they were so full of sh*T.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i'm not 'pratting on about' anything, BUT I can fully understand you not seeing the light.

does the 'small handful' include ALL those chairmen who won't give him a gig despite his constant 'appeals'? there is a minority though, on one hand the entire world and his dog knows coco's capability, whilst a small rowing boat half full still don't. 

Nice deflection, he's been seen thru by a "small handful on here" is now including the chairmen who won't employ him. 

You're a funny guy. 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Nice deflection, he's been seen thru by a "small handful on here" is now including the chairmen who won't employ him. 

You're a funny guy. 

there's still a small few cocoettes who still think the charlatan is god's gift to them, don't worry it's ok to be wrong, I know next to f*** all about rocket science.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Went wrong after losing to the pigs, didn't sign the right players after playoffs, but, That game against Brighton and the atmosphere at Wembley i will never forget. Always welcome back in my eyes in the hospitality or to do 50/50 draw or whatever. But right now we have Monk and he needs a long spell to sort our mess of a squad. Yes you could say the mess was caused by Carlos, but he also gave us the best 2 seasons we've had in the last 2 decades and i will always be grateful for that.

About reight