Sell me films/series

Black Summer on Netflix is a nifty little limited zombie series. Bloodline was also very good, Ben Mendelsohn as a seemingly perfect family’s  “black sheep” is outstanding. Mindhunter is also excellent. Enjoyed Messiah, just ambiguous enough to keep you interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 24/01/2020 at 20:36, The Batman said:

Look through the TV Series and Film threads you lazy sod!

lol

I always go through the last 5 or so pages when I'm looking for inspiration.

Yeah but I'm very specific. Foff.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:45, keefdave said:

Banshee

What's this?

On 26/01/2020 at 15:03, Hitcat said:

Why don't you.

Why don't you?

Vic, Banshee is probably my favourite series, quite violent, a bit mucky but very watchable.

Basically an ex con ends up in the town of Banshee and unexpectedly becomes the new sheriff. His law keeping is a bit "different".

As the underlying story line unfolds, things fall into place.

16 hours ago, keefdave said:

Vic, Banshee is probably my favourite series, quite violent, a bit mucky but very watchable.

Basically an ex con ends up in the town of Banshee and unexpectedly becomes the new sheriff. His law keeping is a bit "different".

Oooh that sounds of interest 

• Haha 1

Another vote for Sex Education - absolutely brilliant, so many good themes and characters in a weird setting.

The Boys on Amazon is great - another superhero series but completely different in that the superheroes are in general complete tails, hilarious and pretty dark at times.

1 hour ago, Bottler Owl said:

Another vote for Sex Education - absolutely brilliant, so many good themes and characters in a weird setting.

The Boys on Amazon is great - another superhero series but completely different in that the superheroes are in general complete tails, hilarious and pretty dark at times.

I watched that in bits. Found it a bit weird when that guy has his gills fingered. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

I watched that in bits. Found it a bit weird when that guy has his gills fingered. 

Yeah that was a pretty uncomfortable watch!

On 28/01/2020 at 16:45, keefdave said:

Loved this programme especially some of the wtf ways people got killed.

• Like 1

Not sure how it will end up but I'm currently watching The Stranger on Netflix. Seems so far a perfect balance of interests for people that enjoy crime drama, soap opera, subtle comedy, dark themes and mystery. Might be a load of tosh but after several episodes it's been more than watchable and a recommendation for the OP basing my guesses for her taste! Minus the fingering. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1
On 31/01/2020 at 22:19, TheEnchanter said:

Not sure how it will end up but I'm currently watching The Stranger on Netflix. Seems so far a perfect balance of interests for people that enjoy crime drama, soap opera, subtle comedy, dark themes and mystery. Might be a load of tosh but after several episodes it's been more than watchable and a recommendation for the OP basing my guesses for her taste! Minus the fingering. 

Started yesterday - spot on! Ta!