9 years ago today

14 hours ago, sMacLean said:

They put 5 past us 6 weeks earlier too.

The 1-4 was my birthday and my biggest ever bet in football sadly against Wednesday. I knew we'd get trounced and bet on them to score 4+ goals. Went out and avoided the game. Really were bad days.

I'm sure we also got schooled by them a year or two later when they had your namesake playing upfront, Aaron Maclean?

20 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leyton-orient-v-sheffield-wednesday-22-january-2011-293578/

~RS~a~RS~Domestic~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~A striker called Harry Kane scored his first professional goal 

Wonder what happened to him ? 

~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~

Leyton Orient   4 - 0   Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed

• 01 Weaver
  • 03 Buxton (Beevers 46)
  • 06 Morrison
  • 11 Jones
  • 22 Johnson
  • 08 Miller (Johnson 59)
  • 17 O'Connor
  • 21 Tealeyellow card
  • 24 Sedgwick
  • 30 Morrison
  • 32 Madine (Mellor 46)

I hear he’s a doubt for the euros.. Probably never fully recovered from being taken out by james o’connor

We were all over the moon when we signed the likes of Clinton and Teale. 

On paper they were big names, but soon became apparent that they were all largely past their best and didn't have the fire in their belly to turn us around. God knows what we were paying them.

At least the following season wasn't too bad. 

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We were all over the moon when we signed the likes of Clinton and Teale. 

On paper they were big names, but soon became apparent that they were all largely past their best and didn't have the fire in their belly to turn us around. God knows what we were paying them.

At least the following season wasn't too bad. 

Shows how bad we were if people thought teale was a big name...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Genuinely cannot remember him...

He must have been crap but not crap enough to leave a Beswetherick like scar on my mind

Was pretty bad.

I can remember him having a brilliant game at home against Bristol Rovers when we battered them 6-0 or 6-1 and I thought we had tuned a corner. Remember Paul Heffernan scoring after a lot had him down as some kind of potential saviour.

Just now, markg said:

Was pretty bad.

I can remember him having a brilliant game at home against Bristol Rovers when we battered them 6-0 or 6-1 and I thought we had tuned a corner. Remember Paul Heffernan scoring after a lot had him down as some kind of potential saviour.

Irvine had some weird vendetta against Heffernan and would never start him. This despite him being quite a prolific scorer in that division in the past. Anyone remember the Owlstalk campaign to get him the POTM award despite the fact he had not featured in order to make a point? lol 

In the end he wasn't very good. 

21 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leyton-orient-v-sheffield-wednesday-22-january-2011-293578/

~RS~a~RS~Domestic~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~A striker called Harry Kane scored his first professional goal 

Wonder what happened to him ? 

~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~

Leyton Orient   4 - 0   Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed

• 01 Weaver
  • 03 Buxton (Beevers 46)
  • 06 Morrison
  • 11 Jones
  • 22 Johnson
  • 08 Miller (Johnson 59)
  • 17 O'Connor
  • 21 Tealeyellow card
  • 24 Sedgwick
  • 30 Morrison
  • 32 Madine (Mellor 46)

On paper that not too bad a line up, far from vintage but better then not being that far off going down to Div 4.

Think problem was Weaver, Morrison, O'Connor, Teale, Sedgewick. Miller were all 2-3 years past there best

17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

On paper that not too bad a line up, far from vintage but better then not being that far off going down to Div 4.

Think problem was Weaver, Morrison, O'Connor, Teale, Sedgewick. Miller were all 2-3 years past there best

Even the subs the squad is not the worst I've seen... On paper, but has said the fact most of them had decent enough careers hides the fact that the majority were at the end and in mass decline. 

Mellor, Weaver and Madine too an extent, Buxton and Reda still did jobs for us though

Nicky Weaver was definitely not a problem

He kept that useless manager in a job far longer than he should have been

I remember the totally undeserved three points at home to Leyton Orient, plus keeping us in it at 0-0 away at Notts County and home to Rochdale. Thank heavens for Nicky Weaver in those games, before we ended up winning.

There was many more i'm sure, apart from that dour 0-0 draw at home to Oldham Athletic where all I can say is, that's up there with the Rushden and Diamonds 0-0. In fact, I think there was only one attempt on goal in that game throughout the 90 minutes

8 hours ago, markg said:

Was pretty bad.

Ol' windmill arms Clinton Morrison got 5 assists in that 6-2 game. Half of the assists were chances he should have buried mind...

• Haha 1