9 years ago today

32 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Isn't that the game where Harry Kane scored against us?

I know we’re told not to believe everything you read on the internet mate but the original poster was not making it up.

i went, walked out on about 65 mins, bought some dodgy chicken and waited for the rest of our group to get to the car. No idea  why they stayed until the end though? 

Yeah Michael Morisson actually had a decent career after he left us. Always liked to give our fan base some stick when he played against us too.

He got some torrid abuse whilst at Wednesday (Justified with his performances may I add). Same as Marcus Reynolds. 

Edit: Just noticed he's still playing in the Championship with Reading!

Edited by Skyline

53 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

That Peterborough team ripped us apart that night. The movement from the front three of Mackail-Smith, Boyd and Lee Tomlin was absolute quality and it was no surprise we got hammered.

They put 5 past us 6 weeks earlier too.

The 1-4 was my birthday and my biggest ever bet in football sadly against Wednesday. I knew we'd get trounced and bet on them to score 4+ goals. Went out and avoided the game. Really were bad days.

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Ah, good old windmill arms.

image.png.47b48a07308d6fe21ab2d6692af3055a.png

Was excited when we signed him

Thought what a signing for a league one club

Think he scored on his debut at home to Dagenham :duntmatter:

Turned out he made nuhiu look like aguero

We've had some utter sh!t over the years 

Aaah another fond memory of life under the worst manager ever!

Walked out after they scored their second. When I found out they'd won 4-0, I was hoping that the following morning, I'd see the headline Owls sack Mr Useless, nope still had a few more games left.

Following morning, I discovered the aftermath of a night out on Wheat Beer (Erdinger). Jees, makes Peroni and Stella Artois hangovers mild in comparison. 

Awful, awful manager. Worse than Chris Turner and Peter Eustace (from the managers i've seen)

Edited by katie melua

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Nut said:

Jones was more bothered about his hair and tattoos than football. 

Genuinely cannot remember him...

He must have been crap but not crap enough to leave a Beswetherick like scar on my mind

I was there that day. really enjoyed everything in the build up. Lived in London at the time, nice easy tube journey, delicious jacket potato from near the ground, then saying how funny it was that those people living in the flats on the corners of each stand had a great view of the game. 

Fast forward one hour and I wanted to get hold of a sniper rifle and pick off all those tw**s lording it over us in the away end from those cheap dingy flats.