9 years ago today

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leyton-orient-v-sheffield-wednesday-22-january-2011-293578/

~RS~a~RS~Domestic~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~A striker called Harry Kane scored his first professional goal 

Wonder what happened to him ? 

~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~

Leyton Orient   4 - 0   Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed

• 01 Weaver
  • 03 Buxton (Beevers 46)
  • 06 Morrison
  • 11 Jones
  • 22 Johnson
  • 08 Miller (Johnson 59)
  • 17 O'Connor
  • 21 Tealeyellow card
  • 24 Sedgwick
  • 30 Morrison
  • 32 Madine (Mellor 46)
  • Like 1

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leyton-orient-v-sheffield-wednesday-22-january-2011-293578/

~RS~a~RS~Domestic~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~A striker called Harry Kane scored his first professional goal 

Wonder what happened to him ? 

~RS~q~RS~~RS~z~RS~23~RS~

Leyton Orient   4 - 0   Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed

• 01 Weaver
  • 03 Buxton (Beevers 46)
  • 06 Morrison
  • 11 Jones
  • 22 Johnson
  • 08 Miller (Johnson 59)
  • 17 O'Connor
  • 21 Tealeyellow card
  • 24 Sedgwick
  • 30 Morrison
  • 32 Madine (Mellor 46)

Surprised that the number 21 could fit in a 2-seater Bentley, with a name that long.

• Haha 1

God, I went to that match - grim times. Every away fan singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at Irvine, although he actually lasted a couple more games including the infamous failure to beat 9 man Yeovil. I still tell my lad that I saw Harry Kane's first goal in English football, but to be honest I can't remember it, although I recall Weaver dropping a bo11ock for one goal.

That team though  :ghoulguy:

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

God, I went to that match - grim times. Every away fan singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at Irvine, although he actually lasted a couple more games including the infamous failure to beat 9 man Yeovil. I still tell my lad that I saw Harry Kane's first goal in English football, but to be honest I can't remember it, although I recall Weaver dropping a bo11ock for one goal.

That team though  :ghoulguy:

I also went to the game 

I just remember the flat with a balcony what looks onto the pitch and a couple of students sat watching then they pulled a banner out when orient scored their 3rd :duntmatter:

A front 3 of Clinton Morrison ,Chris Sedgwick and Gary madine :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I also went to the game 

I just remember the flat with a balcony what looks onto the pitch and a couple of students sat watching then they pulled a banner out when orient scored their 3rd :duntmatter:

A front 3 of Clinton Morrison ,Chris Sedgwick and Gary madine :duntmatter:

Ah, good old windmill arms.

image.png.47b48a07308d6fe21ab2d6692af3055a.png

• Haha 1

Just clicked on the 11v11 link and noticed that Orient had a very young Moses Odubajo as an unused sub.

The only other thing I remember about that day is that I went on the Wednesdayite coach and Reda Johnson's mother was also on it. She could barely speak a word of English - which is just as well really...

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Dan Jones and Michael Morrison? Why can I genuinely not remember who these guys are

morrison was terrible... i remember a night match (peterborough?) where i walked down from my seat on the kop (row 19) just as mackail-smith and george boyd (remember him?) crossed the halfway line in a 2 on 2 break from our corner at the lep end (can't remember who our other defender was). i was screaming at morrison to watch the man running in behind him but no.... he followed the ball and both our defenders ended up trying to stop boyd (with the ball) who easily cut the ball back for mackail-smith  to score easily. morrison ended up in the back of the net looking directly at me sceaming at him 'you fvkin moron' . happy days :ghoulguy:

• Haha 3

Just now, brian joicey said:

morrison was terrible... i remember a night match (peterborough?) where i walked down from my seat on the kop (row 19) just as mackail-smith and george boyd (remember him?) crossed the halfway line in a 2 on 2 break from our corner at the lep end (can't remember who our other defender was). i was screaming at morrison to watch the man running in behind him but no.... he followed the ball and both our defenders ended up trying to stop boyd (with the ball) who easily cut the ball back for mackail-smith  to score easily. morrison ended up in the back of the net looking directly at me sceaming at him 'you fvkin moron' . happy days :ghoulguy:

That Peterborough team ripped us apart that night. The movement from the front three of Mackail-Smith, Boyd and Lee Tomlin was absolute quality and it was no surprise we got hammered.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Dan Jones and Michael Morrison? Why can I genuinely not remember who these guys are

Dan Jones was a (not particualrly good) left back who's best moment for us was booting a clearance right up in the air letting it bounce and smacking him in the face. After falling away from the side he randomly got a run of games in the Championship under Jones before being released.

There's a video of him at Chesterfield after he gets tackled where he flops around for about 30 seconds like a fish out of water, which is incredibly embarssing for him.

1 minute ago, stowyowl said:

There's a video of him at Chesterfield after he gets tackled where he flops around for about 30 seconds like a fish out of water, which is incredibly embarssing for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS0h8DeSo3E

Sums hip up tbh.