5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

So the team next season looks like this -

Dawson

?     Iorfa.     Borner.   ?

?

Luongo       ?

?                             Harris

?

okey dokey then, GM needs to be a hell of a wheeler dealer over the next couple of windows.

Sorted that for you 

6 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Needed freshening up for yonks. Time to ditch the danglers.

Might be a long job, because if we ditch the danglers then we're still not going to be allowed to spend much on replacments are we.

It will be a start though.

Whether he gets time to finish what he started id another matter given the crazy way football is these days. 

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And Jos, but he did something about it, which didn’t go well for him. Monk needs to get on with the job in hand

What he did was absolute suicide!  Playing young player that weren't good enough/ready for first team. And would have got us relegated. Monk is  playing the only sensible hand he's got. But that doesn't make them good enough to be  consistent winner's. Patience is going to be needed here 

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

If you took that from any of Jos’s press conference’s you must possess the Rosetta Stone. 

He wasn’t yapping about it, he left them out Like most people, it was difficult to understand anything Jos was saying

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Might be a long job, because if we ditch the danglers then we're still not going to be allowed to spend much on replacments are we.

It will be a start though.

Whether he gets time to finish what he started id another matter given the crazy way football is these days. 

I think Monk is fully aware it's either 'them' or him. I don't actually blame the players, they've just got comfortable and it's difficult for a new manager to come in an disrupt a group that have been together for so long. That's why I think he'll get out his giant brush this summer and sweep them all away. He'll have to wheel and deal for sure, but we will be freeing up a LOT of wages. 

Dawson

Palmer/Urhoghide 

Ifora

Borner

Fox

Luongo

Harris 

Give Dawson and Fox new contracts, Fox is like a new defender after his pre season which is paying off and benefit the club and him. 

Rest of the out of contracts can go for me. 

I would transfer list Reach, he doesn't offer much of anything apart from a few worldies over a year ago. 

Bannan is a very good player but he needs someone next to him to compliment his game, and our game is based solely on giving him the ball. Not sure Luongo is that player but Luongo is a better all round player for me so he needs someone next to him. 

Striker wise all the lot need replacing with pace and power. 

Edited by Road Runner

It’s difficult to fault anything Monk says in his comments, the question is will he be trusted ? By Chansiri ? By us?

The owner has a spectacular record of trusting people who have, one way or another, failed the mission. To name but a few Carlos, Roeder, that bloke from rugby league, Doyen, Paxo , Jos and even, in his own way, mBruce. Not to forget his own purely personal share of the responsibility. All while  at the same time spending money like it’s going out of fashion.

Monk himself has a troubled employment past. He has fallen out with his last three owners all of whom, I believe, have alleged he has integrity issues. All seems to have gone quiet on that front so maybe their real problem was he doesn’t suffer fools gladly even if the fool in question is his ultimate boss.

Cards face up, I am inclined to trust him. He is well experienced in our leagues and seems to genuinely care. He has done a decent job, sometimes in quite difficult circumstances, in his management career to date. He shares many of our views about deep lying issues that need to be tackled whether by him or anyone else in his position.

To move us forwards he needs to be given the time and resources (P&S permitting) to assemble his own choice of playing and support staff. Whatever  motivated him to make these points at this particular moment I really hope he gets the backing to push his plans through.

Same old same old. Talk the talk, talk the talk. Doesn't change a thing, platitudes upon platitudes. Only thing that makes a differecnce is changing something, not talking about it. Monk has had zero impact on players mindset. Just shows how the hopeful see every sign in the sky as a portent and hang on every word optimistically. Only thing Monk seems to do is say what people want to hear. I would rather he said something to the players and we saw the impact of that on the pitch. He will make a good summariser and guest analyser when he leaves here. Because that's all they are, empty words. Signifying nothing except blaming someone else, anyone else.

1 minute ago, swissmess said:

Same old same old. Talk the talk, talk the talk. Doesn't change a thing, platitudes upon platitudes. Only thing that makes a differecnce is changing something, not talking about it. Monk has had zero impact on players mindset. Just shows how the hopeful see every sign in the sky as a portent and hang on every word optimistically. Only thing Monk seems to do is say what people want to hear. I would rather he said something to the players and we saw the impact of that on the pitch. He will make a good summariser and guest analyser when he leaves here. Because that's all they are, empty words. Signifying nothing except blaming someone else, anyone else.

He has form for this everywhere he goes Rarely takes responsibility

Aye, the names of managers who do the weekly press conference by saying "It's all my fault , I'm a pap manager,  chump of the highest order. The players here are magnificent it's just me that can't get a tune out of them" slip of the tongue in their legions.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Aye, the names of managers who do the weekly press conference by saying "It's all my fault , I'm a pap manager,  chump of the highest order. The players here are magnificent it's just me that can't get a tune out of them" slip of the tongue in their legions.

No need for that either, just get on with the job