Lee

Pelupessy

Fletcher

Winnall

Nuhiu

Hutchinson

Dawson

Forestieri

I'd offer contracts to Fox, Dawson and Nuhiu (good value for money). The others can go, including Fletcher who has been poor value for money, despite his form this season (which is now over)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

There’s things here that need to change. I’ve been here 4 and a half months. And I try and drive that every day but also we need some time and there’s a process. We need to take the negative out.  You can’t just change those things by talking. The bigger picture is changing the culture , mentality and environment of this club to get it where it needs to be. That’s my determination. That’s what I’m here to do. That’s what I’ve set out to do and I’m trying to do that as quickly as I can but it’ll need time.  It needs fight. And attitude. They are working hard (the players) . I can promise you that. I have given them an opportunity but of course there’s a need for more than that. That’s part of moving forward.  These have the opportunity now. But moving forward, they have to make sure they’re coming with us.  I’m realistic. I know what know to be done here. I knew that before I came here , I was well aware and I'm working every day to change it.  

Garry Monk

Let’s hope he delivers, it’s been obvious for years now this is needed. In fairness to GM only other manager I can recall saying this was Bruce. Going further back Meggo. 

19 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So it's OK to turn up just for a moan at the left back then?

Did I say that?

There are ways of getting fans onboard. Bitching at fans is not one of them. He could have called back to a game when the fans rallied behind the team and pushed us on to victory. He could call upon a time he managed against us and lost, and said the Wednesday fans were immense and were a big part in why he was beaten that day. It might be BS but it’s a damned sight better and more effective than saying “we need to change the culture”. 

Good that it sounds like Monk does indeed realise what most of us have felt for years that there is something seriously wrong with the mentality and desire of the majority of these players. Hope Monk gets the time to reshape the club and is allowed to bring players he wants in. 

If wilder walked through the door at Hillsborough tomorrow he’d get rid of most of these players and replace them with younger hungrier lads who’d not hide in games while collecting stupidly large wages

The overhaul at this club is well overdue

Sick of the same sh!te seeing this spineless squad just getting older

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Let’s hope he delivers, it’s been obvious for years now this is needed. In fairness to GM only other manager I can recall saying this was Bruce. Going further back Meggo. 

And Jos, but he did something about it, which didn’t go well for him. Monk needs to get on with the job in hand

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

If wilder walked through the door at Hillsborough tomorrow he’d get rid of most of these players and replace them with younger hungrier lads who’d not hide in games while collecting stupidly large wages

What he would do, is identify a way of playing that suited the players he had, which is what Monk needs to do

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Monk probably will as well given the chance.

He has not had the opportunity yet

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

What he would do, is identify a way of playing that suited the players he had, which is what Monk needs to do

Which is what he has been trying to do .

But the players go into reverse mode and let him down 

He is trying to get a system to suit them, tried everything but 352, but every time it begins to look like he has found one he gets another non performance.

Losing Fletcher has been a major blow.

He has also had to do it while winning games and trying to pick up points 

So the team next season looks like this -

Dawson

?     Iorfa.     Borner.   ?

?

Luongo  Bannan(?)

?                             Harris

?

okey dokey then, GM needs to be a hell of a wheeler dealer over the next couple of windows.

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

So the team next season looks like this -

Dawson

?     Iorfa.     Borner.   ?

?

Luongo  Bannan(?)

?                             Harris

?

okey dokey then, GM needs to be a hell of a wheeler dealer over the next couple of windows.

Not really..he just needs the time and support to get shot of players who think performing once a month is enough..plus the ones who don't even do that..

5 hours ago, gazzamk2 said:

You can have all the ability in the world but if you don't have a strong mentality it means nothing. 

The players here now have the opportunity to show their strength of character, it's up to them to show it and improve or its time to get gone.

Agreed

There’s plenty of players plying their trade in the PL that don’t have the ability of many of ours, but their graft, drive and application has got them to the top. We need some of those 

Edited by Stoop