Big Job- Change required

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Some key phases in that statement - negative...changing the culture , mentality and environment of the club. Attitude.

I assume these are all aimed at the players. Is it one or two or across the board.? Will moving one or two on change things, or will we need a mass clear out?

i think most of the players this is aimed at we are well aware of...fortunately most of them are gone after this season...who he brings in next and in the summer will give a true picture of what he is striving for

I agree with him.  Our football philosophy is broken.

he needs to stop all this tip tappy stuff. Sign another big Man, get them up top with big Adthe and wallop it forwards. Keep the grass long in the corners to help.

drop the tap tap crew like reach, bannan et al. Any passes under 10 yards then the player is fined . Run them in the woods instead of messing about kicking balls on the training field.  Launch, run, score . Repeat. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

i think most of the players this is aimed at we are well aware of...fortunately most of them are gone after this season...who he brings in next and in the summer will give a true picture of what he is striving for

I think you're right - luckily we have to recruit at least 6; probably up to 10 new players over the Summer. This will enable Monk to know what the player's attitude, mental toughness and positive attitude is when looking at their attributes. Hopefully this will rub-off on the other remaining players and allow us to look like a team capable of at least showing the fans they will run through a brick wall; rather than what appeared to be the case in the last three home games.

I'd off-load Westwood in the Summer too - he's toxic now for me, and he's unlikely to get in the squad unless one of the keepers gets injured. His seemingly refusal to sit on the bench is a clear negative attitude in my books.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love to know what exactly he means.

Probably just going on what a lot of us already think / know.

We have far too many players here that have overstayed their welcome and have become far too comfortable. A big clear out in the summer coming imo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well he’s already had three weeks to try and change things, let’s see what he does over these next nine days

Can only  clear out if get some in. We might not be too attractive as we were with EFL issues. Also if their is a negative culture sure other players would know about it.

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I agree with him.  Our football philosophy is broken.

he needs to stop all this tip tappy stuff. Sign another big Man, get them up top with big Adthe and wallop it forwards. Keep the grass long in the corners to help.

drop the tap tap crew like reach, bannan et al. Any passes under 10 yards then the player is fined . Run them in the woods instead of messing about kicking balls on the training field.  Launch, run, score . Repeat. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

This, I think there’s a hint of him overblowing this, if indeed it is aimed at certain players Not sure there are too many of the culprits in our current match day squad Needs to get on with changing what he can change in the immediacy The squad he has at his disposal is able to comfortably inhabit  the places from, 10th, where we are now, right up to the top two. With the right additions in the forward areas, we are looking at a top sixth finish, in my opinion. Opening a debate, questioning the general attitude of the squad, in public anyway, will do us no favours whatsoever

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Can only  clear out if get some in. We might not be too attractive as we were with EFL issues. Also if their is a negative culture sure other players would know about it.

Which won’t be helped by him making public statements like this

10 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think you're right - luckily we have to recruit at least 6; probably up to 10 new players over the Summer. This will enable Monk to know what the player's attitude, mental toughness and positive attitude is when looking at their attributes. Hopefully this will rub-off on the other remaining players and allow us to look like a team capable of at least showing the fans they will run through a brick wall; rather than what appeared to be the case in the last three home games.

I'd off-load Westwood in the Summer too - he's toxic now for me, and he's unlikely to get in the squad unless one of the keepers gets injured. His seemingly refusal to sit on the bench is a clear negative attitude in my books.

He'd be my first one out of the door

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This, I think there’s a hint of him overblowing this, if indeed it is aimed at certain players Not sure there are too many of the culprits in our current match day squad Needs to get on with changing what he can change in the immediacy The squad he has at his disposal is able to comfortably inhabit  the places from, 10th, where we are now, right up to the top two. With the right additions in the forward areas, we are looking at a top sixth finish, in my opinion. Opening a debate, questioning the general attitude of the squad, in public anyway, will do us no favours whatsoever

I suuspect he is talking about players who aren't in the match day squad bringing down the mood of the whole side. FF and Westwood etc. I bet he'd rather some were just paid up and booted out than stuck around to cause problems.

1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

I suuspect he is talking about players who aren't in the match day squad bringing down the mood of the whole side. FF and Westwood etc. I bet he'd rather some were just paid up and booted out than stuck around to cause problems.

Maybe, but it smacks of excuses to me. IF that is the case, let them get on with it, there’s plenty for him to be getting on with

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Offer contracts to Dawson and maybe Fox and that is all.
Would be sad to see Fletcher move on but at 33 and a poor injury record be wise for him to move on.

I agree. Can’t pay a 33 year old around £30k plus a week no matter how good he is. 

28 minutes ago, Animis said:

If it’s true Westwood refuses to sit on the bench then that it is a poor example to set.

But we don’t know this for sure, so wrong to speculate. 

He is talking about lots.

Players like Westwood and FF who don’t even want to play for their money poison the whole squad and completely undermine the manager.

Players that can win at Leeds one week and then put a performance in like Saturday the next. Complete lack of bottle , desire , pick whatever words you like.

Makes the managers job impossible.

Complete lack of leadership, responsibility, pride on the pitch.

Trouble is some of this comes down to the owner and his “ SWFC family” rubbish.

He will need a complete change of mindset from the owner to fix things.

58 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

He is 100% correct in what he says but if I researched it I reckon I could find very similar things said by Paul Jewell, Terry Yorath, Peter Shreeves, Chris Turner, Alan Irvine. 

Good point. And they were all failures.

I reckon Sturrock Megson Jones and Carlos were all more positive.

• Like 1