Big Job- Change required

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

There’s things here that need to change. I’ve been here 4 and a half months. And I try and drive that every day but also we need some time and there’s a process. We need to take the negative out.  You can’t just change those things by talking. The bigger picture is changing the culture , mentality and environment of this club to get it where it needs to be. That’s my determination. That’s what I’m here to do. That’s what I’ve set out to do and I’m trying to do that as quickly as I can but it’ll need time.  It needs fight. And attitude. They are working hard (the players) . I can promise you that. I have given them an opportunity but of course there’s a need for more than that. That’s part of moving forward.  These have the opportunity now. But moving forward, they have to make sure they’re coming with us.  I’m realistic. I know what know to be done here. I knew that before I came here , I was well aware and I'm working every day to change it.  

Garry Monk

Yeah but if we lose some matches we've moved back ten years...we're doomed

• Haha 5

Really made a point about something being wrong with the culture and mentally of the club. Behind the scenes something ain’t right. I fully back Monk to sort this squad out, I’m done blaming managers for this squads short comings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has his own way of playing but without his own players, yes a good manager makes the best of what he has and in the most part he has, some players have improved significantly. Fact remains that at the top end of the pitch we don't have the players to suit, more so without Fletcher. 

I do think Monk is a good manager and hopeful with the right additions upfront we will be pushing again. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well he’s already had three weeks to try and change things, let’s see what he does over these next nine days

You think he can change things with a couple of loan signings in the next 9 days?

Bruce said 3 or 4 transfer windows meaning a complete overhaul of the squad, that’s assuming you can be active and get most of the signings right.

When Monk came here he talked about the player’s mentality.

He has managed against us, he knows how weak willed the great majority of the players are. It must be driving him bonkers trying to manage this lot.

Just now, 1993swfc said:

Fox

Lee

Pelupessy

Fletcher

Winnall

Nuhiu

Hutchinson

Dawson

Forestieri

Thanks.

Some big wages to come off the bill then. 

For me they could all go.

Lee is the best player we have had since Sir Des but is he going to get back to it?

Fox has been decent of late but one suspects we can do better.

Joey is not quite up to it.

Fletch has been fantastic but is jolly expensive and not getting any younger. Maybe one more year.

Winnall needs a new club. He will score a poo load for them and good luck to him but it hasn't worked out here.

I love big Dave. But I think his time would be better spent elsewhere.

Hutch can go for me. Hasn't been at the races this year or last. Dining out on the form of a few years ago.

Dawson I would like to keep.

FF is a cheeky monkey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You can have all the ability in the world but if you don't have a strong mentality it means nothing. 

The players here now have the opportunity to show their strength of character, it's up to them to show it and improve or its time to get gone.

2 minutes ago, deano said:

Has his own way of playing but without his own players, yes a good manager makes the best of what he has and in the most part he has, some players have improved significantly. Fact remains that at the top end of the pitch we don't have the players to suit, more so without Fletcher. 

I do think Monk is a good manager and hopeful with the right additions upfront we will be pushing again. 

That’s why he has to make the most of this window A few additions to the forward area will suffice, other changes may happen in the summer We can’t have every coach bringing in all his own players, any decent coach will be able to work with the players he inherits To be fair, Monk has shown that he is able to do that

Some key phases in that statement - negative...changing the culture , mentality and environment of the club. Attitude.

I assume these are all aimed at the players. Is it one or two or across the board.? Will moving one or two on change things, or will we need a mass clear out?