Palmer, Fernando and Westwood

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

And was given a transfer war-chest of a whopping £379k to make the necessary changes...

I actually take back the "he didn't have a clue" statement . I think he got to a stage where he realised the fans had turned and he wasn't going to get backed so he intentionally tried everything to get sacked, problem was it took DC an age to take the sunglasses off.

22 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

He's old enough to know how to 'play the game', Westwood isn't going to come out and make his true feelings known, he's on a good contract and wont want to jeopardise that.

No idea what's happened between him and Monk, but something has or he'd be on the bench.

So lets make summat up.  Monk pinched his snap

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I actually take back the "he didn't have a clue" statement . I think he got to a stage where he realised the fans had turned and he wasn't going to get backed so he intentionally tried everything to get sacked, problem was it took DC an age to take the sunglasses off.

How's it even possible to think that?

Some of the theories fans come up with... lol

23 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Same here cossy...

the wifes bought me a beautiful 12" Mitre saw for christmas  I'm building a new workshop annexe off the existing shed 20 foot long when its finished ..

Roll on spring ....

Making room for the plough..

:tango:

• Haha 1

I'm not inclined to think it's all down to Westwoods "attitude", what ever that might be. 

He always seems 110% committed on the pitch, but he's not been great with his distribution (Slowing down play) and crosses this season. On the plus side Westwood is always very vocal on the pitch, which is something we lack generally. 

I think Westwood's main problem is other clubs are after Dawson, and if we're serious about building a proper team at Wednesday then Dawson is a player we've got to keep hold of. And we've got to offer him first team football. 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'm not inclined to think it's all down to Westwoods "attitude", what ever that might be. 

He always seems 110% committed on the pitch, but he's not been great with his distribution (Slowing down play) and crosses this season. On the plus side Westwood is always very vocal on the pitch, which is something we lack generally. 

I think Westwood's main problem is other clubs are after Dawson, and if we're serious about building a proper team at Wednesday then Dawson is a player we've got to keep hold of. And we've got to offer him first team football. 

It's not about who's no1 at any one time. Westwood isn't on the bench now he's fit. We can't accept that Westwood needs to prove himself in training to reclaim no2 spot from Wildsmith.

Westwood will probably be starting on Friday.

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If Westwood is refusing to be a reserve surely he’s breaking his contract and can be sacked ? Isn’t that how it is ? . I’m not convinced he is refusing not till I hear it from him . As good as Dawson has been he clearly needs work on his distribution and composure with the ball at his feet when under pressure he looks nervous to me but he is otherwise a decent keeper .

Yes because Westwood distribution is Allisonesque isn’t it......as for looking nervous under pressure, he’s the most 2 footed player we’ve got in the entire squad...a nice attribute to have when supposedly under pressure 

33 minutes ago, Animis said:

It's not about who's no1 at any one time. Westwood isn't on the bench now he's fit. We can't accept that Westwood needs to prove himself in training to reclaim no2 spot from Wildsmith.

Westwood will probably be starting on Friday.

I wish we had this problem all across the team. 

We've got two young players who are good enough to be in the first team, and a Senior Pro who isn't guaranteed to start.

54 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes because Westwood distribution is Allisonesque isn’t it......as for looking nervous under pressure, he’s the most 2 footed player we’ve got in the entire squad...a nice attribute to have when supposedly under pressure 

Glad your happy and relaxed with that side of his game , I’m not , otherwise he’s doing fine . 

12 hours ago, cowl said:

How's it even possible to think that?

Some of the theories fans come up with... lol

Think saying he intentionally did things wrong to get the sack is probably a bit of a stretch but do think Jos knew it wasn't working out a few weeks before he went and wasn't really bothered last few games and just hanging around for his pay off.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think saying he intentionally did things wrong to get the sack is probably a bit of a stretch but do think Jos knew it wasn't working out a few weeks before he went and wasn't really bothered last few games and just hanging around for his pay off.

I'm not really sure where his being not ‘really bothered’ comes from as his low-key demeanour was pretty much the same throughout his year with us.

And even in those last five games, we actually took the lead in 4 of them, not to mention the fact that he kept trying different formations to see what would click right up to the end. It was desperate rather than disinterested (dropping Hector for his last game in charge, for example).

The confidence of the players was wafer-thin and that's something managers are undoubtedly responsible for, so that Luhukay was failing at that point was clear. It seemed we were still motivated to win games, but only so long as the opposition would meet us more than half-way (that is, be having on off-day); as soon we'd come under any sort of pressure we'd crumble.

That was then though. Not much more than a year ago and yet with many of the same players as we have now it's not surprising to see the same mentality within the team always just beneath the surface.

On 22/01/2020 at 13:57, Inspector Lestrade said:

If a player is having a hissy fit then its part of the managements remit to deal with them.

Either put an arm round them, give them a good kicking or ship them out.

In part yes. However when a player has a tantrum for the same reason under 3 different manager's think the player or his agent should look at themselves.

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

In part yes. However when a player has a tantrum for the same reason under 3 different manager's think the player or his agent should look at themselves.

Quite agree that players should be professional but in the real world if one of your players is a prima donna and he can justify it then you have to work around him.  Soon as he can't justify it you ship them out if they won't conform.