Luongo Red Card Recinded

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Weren’t we already 2-0 down

No mate, it was just the goal and he get sent off on 23 minutes.

We were playing very poorly at that point, but I've seen us be very poor in the first halves of a number of games already this season only to see us get back in it.

2 hours ago, evaD said:

All those on here saying it was a red 

:duntmatter:

As much as many of us are often guilty of being biased towards Wednesday in our interpretation of events, there's a small group of Owlstalkers who almost revel in seeing the worst in everything to do with our club.

How anybody watched that challenge and thought the ref had made the right call, I have no idea. How any Wednesdayite saw it and thought it was fair enough is baffling, but unfortunately par for the course for some, I'm afraid. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

What the Ref ?!!!!!!!!!!....881083734_RonnieBarkerOpenAllHours(1981)2.2.jpg.c5617a301af2888936435732b0e4edcc.jpg

Actually it depends how far you want to take it, because the ref is actually just a victim of how far the rules are being pushed to non-contract sport. The Liverpool game on Sunday was unbelievable, no contact of any kind between VvD and DdG. Yet Evra an ex-player thought it a foul. 

3 hours ago, cookeh said:

I'm delighted it's been rescinded! :D

So you was wrong then?

2 hours ago, snaykz said:

The ref was desperate to send Luongo off.

Showing his fellow Aussie the red card would demonstrate to everyone what a fair-minded, unbiased, all-round bonza bloke he is. Yeah, cheers for that Jarred. 

I suggested the both being Aussies would likely to have played some part n it in the other thread

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

100% this.

That cheating fkr rolled about with his arm up for help & he wasn't even injured. Wnkr. From where we are in the North, it looked like he got some verbals when he sat down after being subbed. Mowbray then sent him down the tunnel. 

Anybody in the South confirm this? Was anybody from OT still in the South?! (and awake) :biggrin:

Yeah, got some verbals when he sat down. Mowbray sent him to the Dressing Room to difuse the situation as the fans wouldn't stop!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Actually it depends how far you want to take it, because the ref is actually just a victim of how far the rules are being pushed to non-contract sport. The Liverpool game on Sunday was unbelievable, no contact of any kind between VvD and DdG. Yet Evra an ex-player thought it a foul. 

I would be looking at getting rid of "De Gear" 

And recalling the lad from the Blunts...

To be fair he's the blunts best player .

De Gear just lately looks gash ....

Totally agree with you though PR ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST