Jump to content
Essix Blue

Luongo Red Card Recinded

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, snaykz said:

The ref was desperate to send Luongo off.

Showing his fellow Aussie the red card would demonstrate to everyone what a fair-minded, unbiased, all-round bonza bloke he is. Yeah, cheers for that Jarred. 

 

I think there could be a lot of truth in that 

 

I'm struggling to find any reason as to why he saw a stamp or even a foul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

 

 

 

EFL refs are not assessed 

 

 

Really? Where did you find this out from? What control levels/indicators do they have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

 

 

 

EFL refs are not assessed 

Q. How are match officials assessed?

A. The performances of all match officials are constantly monitored by way of club and match observers, match videos or DVD and footage received by the referee coaches. The emphasis is on development of referees and refereeing standards and the match assessor is asked to appraise the referee’s performance against the following competencies;

  • Application of the Laws of the Game and disciplinary control
  • Management of the games and players
  • Personality
  • Teamwork
  • Fitness, positioning and movements

Club managers also compile a report on the Referees’ performance and all of this data helps to produce a ‘merit list’ of match officials on which appointments, retention or reclassification are based. Clubs are encouraged to provide constructive feedback on match officials and dialogue is encouraged with Professional Game Match Officials (PGMOL), the body funded by the football authorities to appoint, manage and train across all Premier League, EFL and FA competitions.

The EFL Referees’ Manager works with his group in a bid to constantly improve standards and support the development of match officials.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

We were bad but not as bad as we were on Saturday when we couldn't get out of our own half and against Brentford we had the not insignificant difference of having Fletcher to help turn things in our favour.

The Brentford result in terms of coming from behind was very much the exception to the norm, unless you can point to numerous other examples......

 

Three home games in a row we were a goal down before coming back: Swansea, Birmingham and Brentford.

 

Before that there was also Fulham.

 

It's far from rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lombado said:

what punishment for the ref???.....oh none what so ever......

Ruined a game which was just about to get going.....

He was Australian wasn’t he ?

He should be sent to Melbourne ( at his own expense) and made to fight the forest fires armed only with a paraffin doused tennis racket wearing nothing but a flammable thong that has been soaked in petrol .

Too much ? I can’t help it.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

We were bad but not as bad as we were on Saturday when we couldn't get out of our own half and against Brentford we had the not insignificant difference of having Fletcher to help turn things in our favour.

The Brentford result in terms of coming from behind was very much the exception to the norm, unless you can point to numerous other examples......


So you don’t think we would have done anything. That’s up to you.

 

I think we might have because I have seen us play a lot of games home and away this season where we have been rubbish one half and good the other.
 

Our players are not only inconsistent between games but also during games.

 

We scored two in the second half at mighty Leeds without Fletcher.

 

Purely academic argument 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

 

Really? Where did you find this out from? What control levels/indicators do they have?

 

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Q. How are match officials assessed?

A. The performances of all match officials are constantly monitored by way of club and match observers, match videos or DVD and footage received by the referee coaches. The emphasis is on development of referees and refereeing standards and the match assessor is asked to appraise the referee’s performance against the following competencies;

  • Application of the Laws of the Game and disciplinary control
  • Management of the games and players
  • Personality
  • Teamwork
  • Fitness, positioning and movements

Club managers also compile a report on the Referees’ performance and all of this data helps to produce a ‘merit list’ of match officials on which appointments, retention or reclassification are based. Clubs are encouraged to provide constructive feedback on match officials and dialogue is encouraged with Professional Game Match Officials (PGMOL), the body funded by the football authorities to appoint, manage and train across all Premier League, EFL and FA competitions.

The EFL Referees’ Manager works with his group in a bid to constantly improve standards and support the development of match officials.

 

 

 

 

I'm sure someone on here mentioned that theyre not assessed on a game to game basis

 

i may be wrong and it could just be a figment of my imagination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

The player who rolled about like a giant flange should be retrospectively banned 

 

100% this.

 

That cheating fkr rolled about with his arm up for help & he wasn't even injured. Wnkr. From where we are in the North, it looked like he got some verbals when he sat down after being subbed. Mowbray then sent him down the tunnel. 

 

Anybody in the South confirm this? Was anybody from OT still in the South?! (and awake) :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sure someone on here mentioned that theyre not assessed on a game to game basis

 

i may be wrong and it could just be a figment of my imagination

 

The bit I posted was from the EFL official website FAQ's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cowl said:

 

Three home games in a row we were a goal down before coming back: Swansea, Birmingham and Brentford.

 

Before that there was also Fulham.

 

It's far from rare.

 

Fair enough, getting a point may not be as rare as it once was, how far back do you have to go for a win other than the Brentford result? The two home games prior to Saturday didn't show much hope of getting a result either, the fact we don't have a presence in attack without Fletcher being key.

 

At least we rolled our sleeves up and became hard to play against with 10 men though eh :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

The player who rolled about like a giant flange should be retrospectively flanned ..

Our lass is preparing one for me for afters ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've requested mandarin oranges and lime Jelly ..

 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:


So you don’t think we would have done anything. That’s up to you.

 

I think we might have because I have seen us play a lot of games home and away this season where we have been rubbish one half and good the other.
 

Our players are not only inconsistent between games but also during games.

 

We scored two in the second half at mighty Leeds without Fletcher.

 

Purely academic argument 

 

Indeed we did, had we conceded in that first half I think the result might have been different, thankfully we didn't. Monk himself said the performance was unacceptable with 11 never mind 10, that speaks volumes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was never in doubt that it would get recinded despite some of our fans thinking that the efl have it in for us so why even bother appealing. still think it would have ended up at least 3-0 4-0 without the sending off , we have been awful at home now for some time the world beating 442 what was used over xmas showed why we cant play that system unless we drop bannan and get 2 new strikers in. bannan needs to play further forward that's  clear but with his limitations he needs to be in a 3 . you just get the feeling that a lot of supporters are going to start squaring up to each other like they were doing regularly 3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

 

100% this.

 

That cheating fkr rolled about with his arm up for help & he wasn't even injured. Wnkr. From where we are in the North, it looked like he got some verbals when he sat down after being subbed. Mowbray then sent him down the tunnel. 

 

Anybody in the South confirm this? Was anybody from OT still in the South?! (and awake) :biggrin:

 

With the match won, I think Mowbray realised he could take him off.

 

Bannan had just charged into him and been warned, Travis (?) could have been [email protected] properly, instead of rolling round with a twisted sock and dislocated hair grip.

 

Hope the ref is embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Shame we can't replay the game. 

I wouldn't want to watch that again and I didn't even go.

:tango:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Our lass is preparing one for me for afters ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've requested mandarin oranges and lime Jelly ..

 

With a hint of ginger...

WTF:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Indeed we did, had we conceded in that first half I think the result might have been different, thankfully we didn't. Monk himself said the performance was unacceptable with 11 never mind 10, that speaks volumes. 


Not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

 

Everybody accepts we were rubbish with 11

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

 

With the match won, I think Mowbray realised he could take him off.

 

Bannan had just charged into him and been warned, Travis (?) could have been [email protected] properly, instead of rolling round with a twisted sock and dislocated hair grip.

 

Hope the ref is embarrassed.


Yep. He wasn’t popular. I thought he got abused after he went off & took his seat on the bench mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...