Luongo Red Card Recinded

6 minutes ago, September65 said:

Bitter sweet isn't it? Good it's rescinded but maddening it happened in the first place. Ref should only produce a straight red if he's certain.

Ref was standing right there, in his mind he was 100% certain

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
52 minutes ago, darra said:

If you search Jarred Gillet on YouTube there's a video of his last game in the A league in which the commentators describe him as their best referee in the modern era. Hate to see the worse.

I heard he was the Best the EFL Could Get... :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

There have been several games this season where we have been awful first half and got a result second half.

Losing 1-0 at half time and kicking towards kop second I would have fancied us

Go on then, tell me about all the recent times where we have come from behind to pick up a point, never mind all 3. 

It was a shocking decision and I'm glad it's been overturned as we can do with losing players, I doubt we would have lost 5-0 with 11 men but even our own manager decided not to hide behind that as an excuse. We were not good enough from the kick off and when we fall behind the results speak for themselves. 

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Gillett is a shambles ref

Look at his bookings here - he’s chucking them out left right and centre

The type of ref that stop-starts a game a million times for every niggle, awful. 

F0BC85D4-8FCA-4098-939E-9A6CDCAD199B.png

65 yellows and looks like 5 reds in 19 matches

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Go on then, tell me about all the recent times where we have come from behind to pick up a point, never mind all 3. 

It was a shocking decision and I'm glad it's been overturned as we can do with losing players, I doubt we would have lost 5-0 with 11 men but even our own manager decided not to hide behind that as an excuse. We were not good enough from the kick off and when we fall behind the results speak for themselves. 

We came back to beat Brentford 2-1 not too long ago, but, yes, point taken and I couldn’t have seen it happening last Saturday. Blackburn were almost in cruise control from the first minute 

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We were equally bad against Brentford at home a few weeks ago.

Went in at halftime 1-0 down and won 2-1.

You know the Brentford that are 4th in the league at the moment 

• Thanks 1

When I saw the referee and his assistants stroll out before the game in their luminous tops and proceed to perform a choreographed synchronised warm-up I turned to my son and said someone will get sent off today. 

You can always tell the type of referee that wants to be the centre of attention by their body language and need to make instant decisions at every opportunity instead of letting the game flow. 

if it’s so obvious from the stands it should be obvious to professional referees assessors and actions / training should follow, including demotion and suspension for consistently poor performances. Also, as managers are required to give interviews after games, referees should be required to explain their decisions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

A better punishment for the ref would be to give him free tickets for  our next three home games. 

Just not in the Kop, or else he might get a thoroughly undeserved happy ending!

lol

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

We were equally bad against Brentford at home a few weeks ago.

Went in at halftime 1-0 down and won 2-1.

You know the Brentford that are 4th in the league at the moment 

We were bad but not as bad as we were on Saturday when we couldn't get out of our own half and against Brentford we had the not insignificant difference of having Fletcher to help turn things in our favour.

The Brentford result in terms of coming from behind was very much the exception to the norm, unless you can point to numerous other examples......

57 minutes ago, snaykz said:

The ref was desperate to send Luongo off.

Showing his fellow Aussie the red card would demonstrate to everyone what a fair-minded, unbiased, all-round bonza bloke he is. Yeah, cheers for that Jarred. 

I think there could be a lot of truth in that 

I'm struggling to find any reason as to why he saw a stamp or even a foul