Lack of activity this window

8 hours ago, Mus said:

Why isn't it?

Because there have only been 25 transfer or loan signings made by championship clubs so far this window. And one of those is us signing Hidalgo, so not exactly major transfers. Teams are waiting to bring in players before making others available for loan or transfer. There is a reason deadline day is so manic every year.

20 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Very worrying that it’s taking this long to go and get someone and yes we would have had targets coming into this. Even if these have been snapped up by other clubs it still worries me, anyone has to be an upgrade on winnall surely. Absolutely diabolical; league 1 player at best. 

Majority of transfer activity will take place during last 48 hours before window shuts. 

20 hours ago, Mus said:

Heard an interview once with an agent who said last two days are manic as they are holding out for the best offers.

But if you really want a player you would make the offer a good one in the first place I would have thought. 

Loads of other clubs are getting their men, think we are limited to what we can spend which doesn't bode well. 

Might end up with no-one!!!

That reasoning is counter intuitive.

Doesn't matter what the club offer or how decent it is, the parasite agent will still hold out for a better deal.

Don't know why we don't just make the window 2 or 3 days and stop all thepissing about.

I'd be very surprised if we spent any money this window, unless we were to sell the likes of Rhodes or Forestieri (which seems unlikely).

I just hope the inevitable loan signings we bring in hit the ground running. I'd really like to not wake up to see us announcing the loan signing of a 32 year old CDM from Serie B who i've never heard of before... We need goals and we need creativity - unfortunately for us these don't come easily and are always in high demand.