Lack of activity this window

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, definitely - unless we get a Fletcher Mk 2 at the very least, it’s difficult to see where goals are going to come from between now and the end of the season 

Current strikers can’t score, midfielders have 1 each for the season. I’m severely worried tbh 

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Very worrying that it’s taking this long to go and get someone and yes we would have had targets coming into this. Even if these have been snapped up by other clubs it still worries me, anyone has to be an upgrade on winnall surely. Absolutely diabolical; league 1 player at best. 

No one is doing much. Well done EFL!

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Very worrying that it’s taking this long to go and get someone and yes we would have had targets coming into this. Even if these have been snapped up by other clubs it still worries me, anyone has to be an upgrade on winnall surely. Absolutely diabolical; league 1 player at best. 

Whens the last day, bargain bucket, pre-owned, high-mileage-but-still-working, closing down sale, blue ribbon 50% off, handled goods day? We'll get one or two then.

Maybe one we think will be ok, but half like him, half hate his guts and want Monk out because we've signed him (remember Borner signing?). We will pretend to be excited about another signing that we've never heard of and there may also be one that sounds like somebody else that is good (maybe his twin brother, or distant cousin), but turns out not to be. Alternatively we could get two or three players who turn out be the difference between us going up and staying where we are. ;-)...

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Mr C will buy two for the price of one at 9 and a half stone each.

Nailed on.

Isn't our midfield said to be too lightweight as it is? We could do with somebody like Tomlin, or Fatty Foulkes in there, so the opposition have to run further. Nobody under 12 stone should even be considered, end of!

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I bet 80% of business in the transfer window is done in the last week. No need to panic yet.

Heard an interview once with an agent who said last two days are manic as they are holding out for the best offers.

But if you really want a player you would make the offer a good one in the first place I would have thought. 

Loads of other clubs are getting their men, think we are limited to what we can spend which doesn't bode well. 

Might end up with no-one!!!

12 minutes ago, Mus said:

Heard an interview once with an agent who said last two days are manic as they are holding out for the best offers.

But if you really want a player you would make the offer a good one in the first place I would have thought. 

Loads of other clubs are getting their men, think we are limited to what we can spend which doesn't bode well. 

Might end up with no-one!!!

That's not realy true though, is it. 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Current strikers can’t score, midfielders have 1 each for the season. I’m severely worried tbh 

Don't worry Forestieri is on his way back - it will be the only additional striker coming into the team this season. he will still get more than Rhodes/Nuihu and Winall by the end of the season.