From hero to zero

11 hours ago, bobowl said:

Football is getting depressing, lets go to the pub. 

11 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Ooh good, a fresh angle on things.

image.jpeg.d59e123b2c57d494ee5336e4332af616.jpeg

5 hours ago, Key said:

That'll teach him to fall asleep on a Rotherham Owls coach trip!

lol

3 hours ago, MAL said:

Steve Davis has let himself go a bit. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Bullen regrets going to a bargain cosmetic surgeon 

You see this is what happens to you when you went drinking regularly in the Cannon..

It was never going to end well for the chap  ........

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I'm absolutely amazed at how many of our players who up to last season were our best players are now only very average at best. No wonder we now look like anyone can triumph over us. Lees, Lee, Reach, Fernando, Hutchinson, Westwood, the list goes on. A complete rebuild is required and quick.

Did anyone actually watch the Leeds game where we played fantastically well? Reactionary part timers the lot of you

15 hours ago, torryowl said:

I'm surprised hutch is included in the list ...one of the best defensive midfielders in the division .

Absolutely, but he still plays in front of Bazza !  Why on earth we don’t play a back 4 with Hutch sat infront of them and push Bannan up where he can do some damage I don’t know. We’d have a decent defending 5 infront of Dawson and just get the rest 20 yards up the pitch.

On 21/01/2020 at 07:52, Blue and white said:

The bulk of the players you mention have been the main stay of our starting 11 since god was a lad.

Time catches up with the best of players and there are no exceptions.

A rebuild was needed after the Huddersfield debacle, sadly it's long over due now.

we had serious needs after the 'ull game, that were not addressed.

3 hours ago, doubleo said:

Absolutely, but he still plays in front of Bazza !  Why on earth we don’t play a back 4 with Hutch sat infront of them and push Bannan up where he can do some damage I don’t know. We’d have a decent defending 5 infront of Dawson and just get the rest 20 yards up the pitch.

4 managers have tried pushing Bannan up the pitch, but a) he can't shoot, even from a deadball and b) he keeps coming back to hold Dawson's hand and kick the ball long. We have been after another creative midfield player since everybody decided that Bannan had been found out at Wembley! 

lol

• Thanks 1

A good coach gets the last drop of ability and effort out of his players

Like wilder across the way, he turned leon Clarke into a world beater now he is dreadful again.

Mcgoldrick was awful before wilder now he is a premiership regular.

Wagner, wilder , warnock their teams went up with on paper awful squads 

They went up on desire, hard work and determination. 

Monk doesn't inspire the team nor the fan base to lose 3 home games in a row is nothing short of criminal. 

This team are mediocre and that is down to the manager. He has had long enough to improve us and hasnt. 

It's the same old problems, lack of fitness, lack of desire lack of energy, lack of ideas 

We play on the main hoof and hope with 1 striker or we play wingers putting crosses in to a lone striker as none of the midfielders gamble and hit the box. 

We are miles off being a good side. 

Said it when he came 

Monk is win 1 draw 1 lose 2 and repeat

Mid table awaits but that was always gonna be the case when we brought in monk. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, doubleo said:

Because Hutch is a very good defender and a mediocre to rubbish as a midfield player. We have experimented for 4 seasons with him there now and it does not work, because he is simply not good enough, or fit enough to play there for anything other than the odd game. Fine at coming on and making cameo appearances when everybody else is knackered, but seriously, he was always a defender playing out of position and still is a defender, in my opinion anyway. I would personally rather see any of our midfield players play there other than him and if we have to play a defender there, I think the bloke that has more natural and instinctive talents suited for that position, would be Iorfa, who likes to push forward, run with the ball, can cross, pass and block players and occasionally tackle without using his hands. But barring having players out of position, I don't know why we haven't played Hutch , Lees and Borner as a back three with Iorfa and Fox moving slightly further up the pitch to support midfield a bit more we would at least have people in or close to the centre of the pitch when Bannan drifts back and stays back. With Luongo in the middle, Reach and Harries on the wings and Murphy/Rhodes/Nuhiu/Winnall up front (ok Winnall is the only one of those four not to score three goals, but you never know), we would have a solid shape, that could quickly change from being defensive to attacking, with more pace and bodies up front when we need them, especially if Murphy worked out there (more height if Nuhiu was up top and more experience if Rhodes was up top). Then again after considering our striking options at the moment, we really are desperate for a natural goalscorer. 

Mr Monk please go all out for somebody like Ivan Toney! 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

Sorry going on about Ivan Toney again, but from an interview where he is praising the Peterborough midfielder (Maddison?) for his through balls you can only guess how he could do with Bannan, Reach, Harries and Luongo feeding balls through to him! He sounds very intelligent and handles himself as well in the interview, as he does on the pitch too. Get him into Hillsborough DC / Mr Monk, sirs, if he doesn't work out he will not break the bank the way Forestieri, Fletcher and Rhodes do and he will still be saleable. Every time I see a clip of him on the league show he is scoring a different type of goal; from the half way line, in the 6 yard box, from free kicks, from penalties, running in on goal, heading into the net, chipping the goalie, smashing it past the goalie, taking it round the goalie and so on. He just has a really good eye for getting into the danger areas and for getting goals. 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly