U23s v Bolton (a)

7 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I have no idea why Jos gave him a new contract, clearly not at this level is he

No I was very surprised with that at the time especially when it was two years. Penney was playing in the first team yet he only got another year on top of the 6 .months he had remaining at the time??

7 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'm sorry, but I have to ask

This is a budgie, right?  With something around it's neck?

So-o-o-o-o-o ...?

@Bulgaria obviously gets it   :unsure:

It's a follow up to my earlier gif mate

15 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

No I was very surprised with that at the time especially when it was two years. Penney was playing in the first team yet he only got another year on top of the 6 .months he had remaining at the time??

good point mate

massive shame what's happened to Penney, he was class when he first broke through but when he moved positions he went off the boil slightly, got injured and now he's playing in Germany which is ridiculous, he should be here.

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

good point mate

massive shame what's happened to Penney, he was class when he first broke through but when he moved positions he went off the boil slightly, got injured and now he's playing in Germany which is ridiculous, he should be here.

As long as he signs a new contract, I don’t think it will do him any harm playing in Germany

Nice to see Grant scoring again. I really like him as a player, but thought he went bit off the boil last few months.

Although he already got 6 Irish U-19 caps he doesn't seem to be very highly rated over there. Even after 12 of their players withdrew from U-19 Euro Championships he was a fringe player at best.

On 21/01/2020 at 11:57, Mr. Chow said:

Wtf does that bates actually do? Free money for the guy 

He's on loan with a view to sign him when his contract expires in the summer. I don't believe we are paying much (if any) of his wages too. 

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

good point mate

Penney playing out in Germany in front of 30k (for home games) is fantastic.

The standard of football is decent (certainly better than our League One), and until his injury he was starting most weeks under Luhukay.

It's great that he's out there playing at a high level in a high-pressure environment instead of stuck with us not getting a game.

I don't doubt he'll come back to us a better player for it. How much better we'll have to see as he did need to improve in terms of his general speed of action (though this is common with many players that have played predominantly only at U23 level).

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Looks back to front to me. Should have used super glue!

Ha, not important when you’re blind mate