U23s v Bolton (a)

Thank Flip for that!

I don't hold with the view that this latest batch of youngsters aren't good enough

I reckon there's enough promise in tonight's squad to achieve better results than they've managed so far this season

That's only our fourth win in 17 games - but thankfully it's moved us above dem piglets (with two games in hand)

Maybe the coaching side of things needs addressing?  Dunno

Anyhow, thanks to @John O'Brien for the updates and safe journey home - 320 miles round trip to watch your lad sparkle for 15 minutes?

And thanks to Bolton for some good coverage, I can't imagine they're having a lot of fun this season either

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Thank Flip for that!

I don't hold with the view that this latest batch of youngsters aren't good enough

I reckon there's enough promise in tonight's squad to achieve better results than they've managed so far this season

That's only our fourth win in 17 games - but thankfully it's moved us above dem piglets (with two games in hand)

Maybe the coaching side of things needs addressing?  Dunno

Anyhow, thanks to @John O'Brien for the updates and safe journey home - 320 miles round trip to watch your lad sparkle for 15 minutes?

And thanks to Bolton for some good coverage, I can't imagine they're having a lot of fun this season either

How much different is the coaching side now, to the last few years, because we seemed to be far better then?

Edited by marcx666

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

Jack Stobbs must be playing as on overage player by now, I remember him making his debut as a teenager and it was absolutely yonks ago!

He is 23 in February. Made his debut for first team 6 years ago when Stuart Gray had just replaced Dave Jones!! Started 1 League game since.

Just now, Etchesketch said:

He is 23 in February. Made his debut for first team 6 years ago when Stuart Gray had just replaced Dave Jones!! Started 1 League game since.

I have no idea why Jos gave him a new contract, clearly not at this level is he