Relegation

Last week I asked if you thought our squad had enough quality to make a push for promotion if didn’t make any signings.

I now ask, if the EFL take 15 points off us, taking into account what happened on Saturday, do you feel we have the right type of character for a relegation fight?

its next season what worries me more ,I doubt the efl with the undoubted long drawn out appeal ,possible legal action if the efl hit us this season . if they can pass a points deduction it be next season ,starting next season -15 -20 for starters means you couldn't attract the right players in the summer 

49 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, I reckon we've got more than enough to stay up.

Some of the catastrophising on here is entertaining to read, though!

Ok maybe, but when you have guys like Torry and others who have watched us for 60 years saying they don't recall a more abject performance then perhaps there is something in it don't you think? Just consider that. The worst performance in 60 years of watching. And let's not forget the 3 mighty games between Christmas and New Year. The boys are on quite a run aren't they. Absolutely relegation form.  I'm glad you're feeling entertained but these players really do need a kick up the jacksie.

2 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

There will be no points deducted, because we haven’t done anything wrong !!  And even without additional players coming in, the squad is capable of finishing in a playoff spot.   UTO 

Delusional 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Do I think this group of spineless cowards have the heart to role their sleeves up and scrap it out in a relegation dog fight?

In a word, no.

Do you think this team have the heart to roll up their sleeves and scrap it out away against league leaders and come away with a 2-0 win? 

In a word, Yes.

I don’t think we’ll get a points deduction but if we did and it was substantial, I have zero confidence in this squad of players having the strength of character to see us to safety. On paper they’re decent enough but on the pitch the majority of those who have been with us for several years are weak minded and have a losing mentality. We can lay the blame on any number of managers but excluding any off the pitch negative influences, those players are the constants along with Bullen.