Well look at that..

Less then a month ago Forest got spanked 4-0 at home by some team or other.

Their disgusted and disgrintled fans streamed out of the stadium at half time. Some before that. 

Appalled at what they had seen. 

4 wins in the next 6 sees them sit 5th in the table. 

Same fans muttering the other week are  now talking about bolstering their side and making a concerted push.  It's amazing what can happen with so many teams of similar levels in the tightest league in world football...

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Their disgusted and disgrintled fans streamed out of the stadium at half time. Some before that. 

Same fans muttering the other week are  now talking about bolstering their side and making a concerted push.  It's amazing what can happen with so many teams of similar levels in the tightest league in world football...

it’s been mentioned in most other threads pal 

Crazy league.

It's what happens when the standard is so poor. (I watched Forest for 60 minutes today, and I thought they looked a really ordinary side. And yet, they are now back in the playoff spots.)

So many sides will throw in really poor performances every now and again.

I full expect a reaction from this group...it's what they do.

But believe me, another horror show will never be too far away with this group. Probably just when we think we've cracked it again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

But believe me, another horror show will never be too far away with this group. Probably just when we think we've cracked it again.

Probably next time we think a game should be a banker. 

Even though our experience  tells us there's no such thing.

21 minutes ago, Morepork said:

That’s one of the real agonies about this situation. A spot in the top six is there for the taking this season. Just need to step up and take it.....

Completely agree. Amazingly it's still up for grabs. Can't afford to fall off the pace anymore though or put in any more performances like yesterday.

All ifs and buts, but if we'd shown some consistency, could easily have been top 2, considering points thrown away this season, but then again several other teams could say the same, such is the league this year.

49 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Probably next time we think a game should be a banker. 

Even though our experience  tells us there's no such thing.

Let's be fair, you saw this defeat coming like we all did. We're on top of the world.  Uncle Tony, no wins in five. He probably emptied his office on Friday, but .... He'd taught us a lesson last season so there was always a danger. The only thing which is surprising is the scoreline. 

The upcoming fixtures all look winnable, so dare I say it.... things are going to get a lot worse over the next couple of weeks. 

Please prove me wrong Wednesday, but I see amber threads everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

This is because the division is devoid of any quality. Doesn’t really make our situation better, particularly if the EFL spank 15 points off our total. 

7 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

This is because the division is devoid of any quality. Doesn’t really make our situation better, particularly if the EFL spank 15 points off our total. 

There's flashes of quality from a lot of the sides on any given day. Like our goals at Elland Road. But that consistency seems to evade all the teams.

In fact L**ds aren't a bad case in point are they. What is it, 2 wins in 7? Something like that. Yet they're a fancied side. (By the media at least)

Even West Brom, who do have a good side are on a similar run. With Billic on about their sloppiness and inability to put teams to bed and casual breaks at the back. 

Certainly doesn't make our position any better. But hopefully reiterates the close competition between a huge number of clubs vying for similar spots. 

-------

The EFL thing. ... God knows what will happen there. Just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Funny when people looked at the fixtures and said after an expected defeat at Leeds we would have a run of winnable games, then we beat Leeds and lost 0-5 at home. 
Our team is as unpredictable as this league. 

The next 12 days will tell us all we need to know about our ambitions and expectations for the rest of the season 

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The devil’s  advocates are never far away.

• Thanks 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’m relatively new to owlstalk compared to most here. What strikes me most is that after every game it’s either total despair like being turned down by the fat bird at the club. Or complete delirium, like bagging a threesome with Taylor Swift and Maria Sharapova. There’s never a middling 4 pinter. It’s a bit excessive either way!

2 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’m relatively new to owlstalk compared to most here. What strikes me most is that after every game it’s either total despair like being turned down by the fat bird at the club. Or complete delirium, like bagging a threesome with Taylor Swift and Maria Sharapova. There’s never a middling 4 pinter. It’s a bit excessive either way!

Your learning !!

• Haha 1

The one thing that is predictable is neither us or Forest are going up.  At a push if I’m being optimistic we might just make a play-off spot.  If that was to happen, I fear all the old faults (which have been exposed on several occasions already the season) would re-appear and leave us disappointed again.

8 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Losing at home 5v0 to a bang average side is shocking. As I’ve said I think the majority of fans except we are obviously going to lose games, it’s the way we lose games that is the most annoying. 

The way I see it for play off chasing teams, you can go on 5-6 game runs of poor form.  When this extends to 8 or 9 then it's the season written off.  The next 4 games are absolutely crucial, another 3 or 4 points and it's season over.  At that point I will then start to question the team and the manager. 

We are still hanging on in there, around 32 points from 18 games should do it, as soon as you get to that area of 2 points per game required-its just not going to happen.

7 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

The way I see it for play off chasing teams, you can go on 5-6 game runs of poor form.  When this extends to 8 or 9 then it's the season written off.  The next 4 games are absolutely crucial, another 3 or 4 points and it's season over.  At that point I will then start to question the team and the manager. 

Exactly. It's hard to predict. We'll no doubt lose to another team struggling at the wrong end and then pick up a surprising away win where we'd have thought pre-kick off a draw would be an excellent result.