modboy

Player requested Xmas off?

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not forgiving, it’s just being a bit more realistic about things. This is the Championship, it’s unpredictable as owt. Not the first time you’ve seen an unexpected result this season. 

Yep yesterday was not good enough. But shock horror this team isn’t good enough. We seem to go from one extreme to another as a fanbase. Perspective is needed. 

Everything you say is bang on... except you're saying it after we've just had a dry ride from f*cking Blackburn at home.. it's more about the timing..

2 hours ago, modboy said:

Think they all had yesterday off!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

This is so funny, as if a pro footballer would ask for Xmas off. Some of our fans are so deluded.

The players asked for boxing day off and were granted it. 

They followed that up by losing three games in a row over Xmas and getting wholloped  5-0 at home. 

True pros. 

The take Del Boy for a ride, he thinks we are family culture, is finally starting to reveal itself.

Said it months ago, this squad stinks.

Is there anybody connected with us that hasn't taken advantage of DC's naivety ?

From what I saw they all had Christmas off......lol

Swear I've entered some sort of paradox. 

Got t'old Sally lecturing fans of not having knee jerk reactions and being over the top. 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

I’m not sure if this is true or not or who it is, but who is this guy who says this? Is he involved with the club or a poo stirrer? Be nice to be objective before hanging players out to dry like. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Swear I've entered some sort of paradox. 

Got t'old Sally lecturing fans of not having knee jerk reactions and being over the top. 

:duntmatter:

im sure someone took over his account. Everything he posted in the past is now being reversed the past few days lol 

Not just me then...

As for the Tweet:

Tbf, the chap who has tweeted that is a pretty senior figure at Irwin Mitchell, so he would be fully aware of the potential consequences when Tweeting something like that. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The players asked for boxing day off and were granted it. 

They followed that up by losing three games in a row over Xmas and getting wholloped  5-0 at home. 

True pros. 

Think you mean Christmas Day as we had a game Boxing Day, although we did only turn up for about 15 minutes of it! 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I’m not sure if this is true or not or who it is, but who is this guy who says this? Is he involved with the club or a poo stirrer? Be nice to be objective before hanging players out to dry like. 

Hes our motivational coach...

:tango:

• Haha 2

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Think you mean Christmas Day as we had a game Boxing Day, although we did only turn up for about 15 minutes of it! 

Sorry, yes Xmas day. 

Think I'm still recovering from yesterday's efforts. 

And yes, they pretty much had the entire of Xmas off by the looks of it. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Hes our motivational coach...

:tango:

lol I see after having a quick glance he’s now saying he doesn’t know if it’s true..............

so not poo stirring much then who would have guessed a journalist would try and poo stir, especially after a 5-0 defeat. 

carry on boys jump on the journos band wagon and bay for blood 

sorry edit. A wannabe journo 

Edited by 2roland2

Instead of Monk treating them like adults and trying to "improve" them on the training ground he needs to f*ck them up and down and start double drill.. absolute shower.... AND get a proper leader in place..

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Instead of Monk treating them like adults and trying to "improve" them on the training ground he needs to f*ck them up and down and start double drill.. absolute shower.... AND get a proper leader in place..

He'd have to find one first.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not just me then...

As for the Tweet:

Tbf, the chap who has tweeted that is a pretty senior figure at Irwin Mitchell, so he would be fully aware of the potential consequences when Tweeting something like that. 

That’s true

Wonder how he felt when they were suing Grandad.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He'd have to find one first.

If you're running a team in one of the hardest league's in football then you have to have one...bannan running around doing what he fancies and picking on random teammates is not leadership...

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s the point of rumours like this. 

It keeps Owlstalk going WTF:

27 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Everything you say is bang on... except you're saying it after we've just had a dry ride from f*cking Blackburn at home.. it's more about the timing..

Just how I see it. Yesterday was a freak result. Get in at 1-0 at half time and we regroup and think how we approach the second half. They get a freak second goal which is unlucky and the third is a bit fortunate and it’s game over. 

We do start games slow under Monk which is frustrating as hell, but that’s his style. And we have picked up results this season doing so, both home and away. The only manager in recent seasons who has got us going from the off is Bruce. Swansea, Villa and Bristol at home spring to mind. Suggests to me these players can do it when asked of them. But I’m not sure that’s not the way Monk wants to play it. 

• Agree 1