Player requested Xmas off?

Not just me then...

As for the Tweet:

Tbf, the chap who has tweeted that is a pretty senior figure at Irwin Mitchell, so he would be fully aware of the potential consequences when Tweeting something like that. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The players asked for boxing day off and were granted it. 

They followed that up by losing three games in a row over Xmas and getting wholloped  5-0 at home. 

True pros. 

Think you mean Christmas Day as we had a game Boxing Day, although we did only turn up for about 15 minutes of it! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Think you mean Christmas Day as we had a game Boxing Day, although we did only turn up for about 15 minutes of it! 

Sorry, yes Xmas day. 

Think I'm still recovering from yesterday's efforts. 

And yes, they pretty much had the entire of Xmas off by the looks of it. 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Instead of Monk treating them like adults and trying to "improve" them on the training ground he needs to f*ck them up and down and start double drill.. absolute shower.... AND get a proper leader in place..

He'd have to find one first.

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not just me then...

As for the Tweet:

Tbf, the chap who has tweeted that is a pretty senior figure at Irwin Mitchell, so he would be fully aware of the potential consequences when Tweeting something like that. 

That’s true

Wonder how he felt when they were suing Grandad.

27 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Everything you say is bang on... except you're saying it after we've just had a dry ride from f*cking Blackburn at home.. it's more about the timing..

Just how I see it. Yesterday was a freak result. Get in at 1-0 at half time and we regroup and think how we approach the second half. They get a freak second goal which is unlucky and the third is a bit fortunate and it’s game over. 

We do start games slow under Monk which is frustrating as hell, but that’s his style. And we have picked up results this season doing so, both home and away. The only manager in recent seasons who has got us going from the off is Bruce. Swansea, Villa and Bristol at home spring to mind. Suggests to me these players can do it when asked of them. But I’m not sure that’s not the way Monk wants to play it. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just how I see it. Yesterday was a freak result. Get in at 1-0 at half time and we regroup and think how we approach the second half. They get a freak second goal which is unlucky and the third is a bit fortunate and it’s game over. 

We do start games slow under Monk which is frustrating as hell, but that’s his style. And we have picked up results this season doing so, both home and away. The only manager in recent seasons who has got us going from the off is Bruce. Swansea, Villa and Bristol at home spring to mind. Suggests to me these players can do it when asked of them. But I’m not sure that’s not the way Monk wants to play it. 

Trust me..if Monk doesn't get under this group and hurt them.. he'll be looking for something new to do.. they're not at it.

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

This squad needs a massive overhaul, not only because many are not good enough, but to clear this type of attitude out.

Hardly inspiring for the youngsters is it?

It might inspire them. To behave like spoilt kids who do what they want, with no consequence. 

I think, for all his troubles, Jos tried to stamp it out. Monk isn’t going to tolerate the tail wagging the dog either.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Honestly 

As much as Wednesday never fails to surprise me in my life .

I cannot believe this......

Look at the other thread about ReCh’a comments. Hasn’t he got form for this, arguing with fans away at Derby a couple of seasons back ?

Maybe he’s a victim of his own hype.

A good player at this level, but no world beater and there’s a reason non of the peen teams have come in for him. 

As we know OG, not fit to lace Mr Mcullochs boots.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs