Naive, unlucky, and a shocking ref

Naive - thinking 1 up top at home would work.
Naive - Urhoghide’s defending. Hopefully he’ll learn but he got way too close to his man and got skinned too easily 

Unlucky - rebound off Dawson’s head goes in. Dare I saw it the bounce never went our way 

Shocking ref - that was NEVER a red card. The club should be appealing against it. 

It was one of those days. Monk will know he set up wrong, but equally there was much out of his (and our) control that contributed significantly.

I’m going to chose to move on, try and forget it happened, and hope lessons will be learned.

Move on is right. 

But I think monks post match interview was constructive rather than destructive.

He identified points in the game where decisions led to our overall capitulation.

That is what managers must do.

Identify things to work on..

Rather than come out with things that can't be changed like hanging players out to dry or denouncing the system that also implies singular players. 

That's why he is a manager and most of the caller's to P and G aren't. 

Edited by Beholder

Monk couldn’t really win yesterday based on team selection... that team won at Leeds... if he changes it and we lose people would be asking why. 

It’s the fact that Winnall isn’t strong enough and Reach and Murphy were no help whatsoever. 

Next time, we won’t do that hopefully. 

Guest LittleG
10 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Naive - Urhoghide’s defending. Hopefully he’ll learn but he got way too close to his man and got skinned too easily 

Unlucky - rebound off Dawson’s head goes in. Dare I saw it the bounce never went our way 

Shocking ref - that was NEVER a red card. The club should be appealing against it. 

It was one of those days. Monk will know he set up wrong, but equally there was much out of his (and our) control that contributed significantly.

I’m going to chose to move on, try and forget it happened, and hope lessons will be learned.

Sorry but I think you're being a little naive with your post. Players putting in an inept and clueless performance has nothing to do with naivety or luck or poor decisions. 

It's not down yo luck or bad refereeing decisions. We arnt goid enough full stop. The bulk of our squad is the same as it was four years ago, and has failed four times to get us promoted. Does anyone really think they are going to do it now? 

The one up top thing is the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever heard in my life. 

West Brom, Leeds, Fulham, Brenford, Swansea and Forest all play with 1 up top. That’s current top 6. 

Last home game we played 2 up front against Hull. Problem isn’t formations or tactics. Can’t do anything when players lack the most basic requirement and that’s just putting a shift in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Sorry but I think you're being a little naive with your post. Players putting in an inept and clueless performance has nothing to do with naivety or luck or poor decisions. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

It's not down yo luck or bad refereeing decisions. We arnt goid enough full stop. The bulk of our squad is the same as it was four years ago, and has failed four times to get us promoted. Does anyone really think they are going to do it now? 

Tough crowd. No-one really thinks we are good enough. But, yesterday was a perfect storm. We need to learn and move on. The other thread sums it up perfectly, stop spitting venom. 

21 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

You missed, lack of effort, clearly not employing the tactics the manager laid out and generally being god awful and pathetic.

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Tough crowd. No-one really thinks we are good enough. But, yesterday was a perfect storm. We need to learn and move on. The other thread sums it up perfectly, stop spitting venom. 

Learn and move on. How often have we heard that.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

Ridiculous to say I've spitted venom. I've called the performance as I and many others saw it - inept and clueless. Venom would have been singling out individuals and tearing them a new one. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Ridiculous to say I've spitted venom. I've called the performance as I and many others saw it - inept and clueless. Venom would have been singling out individuals and tearing them a new one. 

Not aimed at you sorry if that came across that way. I do agree it was a clueless and inept performance, but other factors contributed a lot. 

14 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

West Brom, Leeds, Fulham, Brenford, Swansea and Forest all play with 1 up top. That’s current top 6. 

Last home game we played 2 up front against Hull. Problem isn’t formations or tactics. Can’t do anything when players lack the most basic requirement and that’s just putting a shift in. 

Spot on. We have lost our last three home games whilst playing different formations.

Too many of our current squad clearly think they are better than what they are and don’t need to work hard to win.

The culture within that squad needs to be broken down and that will only be done by major surgery.

Still think it’s down to the basics;

Control the pass you receive without it bouncing of your foot to an opposition player.

Win the second balls

Win  the 50/50s

At least try and look like you’re trying to win an header.

Nobody any won anything neshing tackles

29 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Spot on. We have lost our last three home games whilst playing different formations.

Too many of our current squad clearly think they are better than what they are and don’t need to work hard to win.

The culture within that squad needs to be broken down and that will only be done by major surgery.

Bang on. Cardiff we played 4231. Hull 442 and Blackburn 433. All defeats. 

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

And bamford isn't exactly a target man. 

They just have better players all round 

• Like 1