Beholder

Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Inclined to agree. We have a very strange fanbase. One week we are going up, the next it’s a disaster. 

The fact is this side isn’t good enough and a couple of good results won’t change that. They are inconsistent and there are glaring deficiencies which need to be addressed. DC is in a tight spot because he can’t spend the money to rectify it. That is down to previous mistakes, but not a lot we can do about that now. 

We just have to ride it out until the summer. Get a few more of the top earners out the club. Our transfer business has been pretty decent since Bruce arrived with his recruitment team, which is encouraging. Let’s hope Downes and the other bloke are still working away in the background. 

This will take 3/4 windows to sort. 

weve been saying it will take 3 or 4 windows for the last 3 or 4

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Venom?

Just a few short seasons ago, our pink neighbours were bottom of the third division with what was left of their fans hurling abuse at their players from the half empty stands.

That was venomous.

Then King Pig turns up, tells the players that their league is shitt, don't respect anyone, give 100% no excuses and attack the crap out of every team.

This gets the crowd back up, boos turn to cheers and it's enjoyable to go to the match again.

This Championship is there to be had.

Watching us play with one up front, passing about backwards and sideways then lumping up with no fight or effort is not going to get the crowd going.

We're at home, in a poor league.

Attack the opposites like rabid dogs and the crowd will follow and the venom will disappear.

Simple as this really 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

So a lot of OTers are looking forward to a summer CLEAR ARHHT of our bigger earners? 

Will we be able to attract better replacements, while offering lower wages & fees?

W should be able to attract replacements who who fight in their bellies and never give up . 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

You are correct it does. Therefore, wouldn’t it be better if the team was set up to attack and entertain at home from the start? I guarantee that would get the Hillsborough faithful cheering.

This is really, really basic stuff which the club continuously fails to grasp. It’s not rocket science and the fact that we keep getting this wrong is baffling to me

The question is is this monks fault, or the players own mindsets. 

We invariably all way too often start like a 1800's steam train taking time for the steam to build up. We did this under Carlos, under jos, even under Bruce and now under monk. 

Does this lot need that half time hairdryer treatment at half time to get them playing football???? 

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The question is is this monks fault, or the players own mindsets. 

We invariably all way too often start like a 1800's steam train taking time for the steam to build up. We did this under Carlos, under jos, even under Bruce and now under monk. 

Does this lot need that half time hairdryer treatment at half time to get them playing football???? 

I doubt it's Monk.

The same characters playing the same way regardless of how they are told to play.

Time for a decent number of them to go.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Venom?

Just a few short seasons ago, our pink neighbours were bottom of the third division with what was left of their fans hurling abuse at their players from the half empty stands.

That was venomous.

Then King Pig turns up, tells the players that their league is shitt, don't respect anyone, give 100% no excuses and attack the crap out of every team.

This gets the crowd back up, boos turn to cheers and it's enjoyable to go to the match again.

This Championship is there to be had.

Watching us play with one up front, passing about backwards and sideways then lumping up with no fight or effort is not going to get the crowd going.

We're at home, in a poor league.

Attack the opposites like rabid dogs and the crowd will follow and the venom will disappear.

Great post. Spot on.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Dont blame Monk at all to be honest. Think he has got more out of the players than I thought. He got let down badly yesterday.  Even with 11 men. We are very very weak mentalily! In a poor league. Shown time and again. Probably not unrealistic to say we have spuhnked 15 points up the wall already. 

Edited by JOHNHARKES
  • Agree 1

I agree with the uneccessary "venom"...there are ways of putting a point across...but f.ook me...anybody who anted up and sat through that absolute shambles yesterday has a right to say summat...Surely?

I posted once post game...Cos what i wanted to say at the time, i knew I would probably regret today.

We all know what following Wednesday brings, but not that!...at home.

The sending off didn't help, but we were not in the game before that...no threat...one up front...It was a license for Rovers to come forward from the back..cos there was sod all to worry about up front!

Theres either an over reliance on Bannan, or someone has to have the balls to tell him to get outta the way at times...Murphy plays in fits and starts, Borner at times overplays it...The young lad at right back had a decent start then thought he waspele, then lost his head a bit...It was a mess...Thats not "Venom"...thats stating the glaringly obvious.

fans marching out at half time???...I don't blame them...Winnall off...adthe on...still one up front...3 goals down...Thats a sign we have given it up isn't it?...

Then come the "Hollywood" balls ..left to right when there is no bugger there...

Nah..no "venom"...just massive disappointment in players we KNOW can do better

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Dont blame Monk at all to be honest. Think he has got more out of the players than I thought. He got let down badly yesterday.  Even with 11 men. We are very very weak mentalily! In a poor league. Shown time and again. Probably not unrealistic to say we have spuhnked 15 points up the wall already. 

Is it not a "Weak" mentality to start one up front...at home ..against Blackburn Rovers?....it hardly sends out a message of "Lock up yer daughters" mate does it?

Edited by asteener1867
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it not a "Weak" mentality to start one up front...at home ..against Blackburn Rovers?....it hardly sends out a message of "Lock up yer daughters" mate does it?

Its so negative mate. It gives the opposition a boost before the game starts .

11 hours ago, Beholder said:

There was a massive overreaction on the radio last night. 

People laying into monk, saying he should go etc. 

Really venemous. Then I look on here and see more venomous, nasty poo aimed at Chansiri. Calling him a spoilt rich kid? Is there really any need for that? A man who has poured alot of money into our club (and yes, made some mistakes)

Everyone complaining , no balance. 

How does that help matters? 

Monk has been brilliant this season.

Look at the league position until yesterday ffs. 

Let's just support him and hope the club can get the players in we desperately need to compete in a very tight division.

The season is still alive and we still have plenty to play for. 

Actually your position is every bit as bad as the sack the Chairman, sack the manager brigade. The reality as always sits somewhere in between. 

23 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its so negative mate. It gives the opposition a boost before the game starts .

Yep.Thank god we're not playing Toytown this season.Because you can see them next season if they win promotion, coming to S6 and getting not just one but all three pointsWTF:

No problem with  Chansiri but Monk was a mistake. Horrible crap to watch how many times under Monk do the players look lost during games makes major tactical f ups and most of all it's like paying a lot of money to watch your car get crushed. Yeah we score goals but against the run of play usually. In football that tends to come to an end and you drop down under Jos it did and we are repeating Jos just with (when he was) a fully fit Fletcher who has scored most of our goals. Not good enough and horrible to watch. If Monk can't sort this then YES he should go. Stop wasting time and our money (Remember the club is wanting us to renew our season tickets, if we are lucky enough to afford one ) 10 year plus season tickets  ffs more money than sense only takers 

27 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Actually your position is every bit as bad as the sack the Chairman, sack the manager brigade. The reality as always sits somewhere in between. 

It's not my position

It's just a comment as a response to other comments. 

No one cares what my or your position is. 

21 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It's not my position

It's just a comment as a response to other comments. 

No one cares what my or your position is. 

Yes they do, apathy from the fans will only breed apathy from the club. 

At the end of the day, it’s just a game of football.

Calm down dears. 

Allenesque thread title 

Given our squad we are punching.

Some people need to wake up to the fact that having the playoffs realistically in our sights is an achievement.

Monk has done pretty good, tightened us up at the back ( yesterday was a blip ) and has us competing.

Yes we're inconsistent but that ain't gonna change until the squad is freshened up over the next couple of windows.

For now, I agree with the OP, we need to focus on supporting what we got ( on and off the park )

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Agree with a lot of your previous post, but really don’t think this is anything to do with formation.  Plenty of teams play well enough with 1 up front - we could play 2 or 3 up top and still do no better with this group of players.

14 hours ago, Beholder said:

There was a massive overreaction on the radio last night. 

People laying into monk, saying he should go etc. 

Really venemous. Then I look on here and see more venomous, nasty poo aimed at Chansiri. Calling him a spoilt rich kid? Is there really any need for that? A man who has poured alot of money into our club (and yes, made some mistakes)

Everyone complaining , no balance. 

How does that help matters? 

Monk has been brilliant this season.

Look at the league position until yesterday ffs. 

Let's just support him and hope the club can get the players in we desperately need to compete in a very tight division.

The season is still alive and we still have plenty to play for. 

Agreed with most of your post Beholder until you shot yourself in the foot by “overreacting” by saying Monk has been brilliant. Can’t have that. He’s done a decent job in difficult circumstances.