Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

Summer is going to be great to clear majority of old squad off our books. We need to rebuild the team which we should have done 3 seasons ago. 

We need fresh, hungry and ambitious players.

FFS!.

These players have been together for 4-5 seasons and they were not good enough then. so why blame the bloke who has been here only 6 months and to work with the group of players that no one else got any consistency from.

Evet one knows that the players leaching a wage out of the club will be gone in June, maybe then we can begin to run the club properly and efficiently.

This will mean there will be no 'Marque' players coming in, no more fancy dan players coming in and hopefully players who WANT to play for the club, prepared to get physically hurt and to physically hurt the opposition too, to win, players who have got pace and not just good at keepy uppy, players who are direct and positive in their out look.

Lets get away from the crap played by 'Kick-a-ball' and play ENGLISH football.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Its a shame about Urhorghide.

Obviously he will be taken out of the squad now but not nice for it to end lien that with him being totally exposed. 

Going forward I'd bring Westwood , Palmer, Nuhiu,  Hutch and Harris back into the team. 

Drop Murphy who seems a luxury player and not a man for the fight. 

Drop Urhorghide who was mercilessly exposed.

Luongo is banned.

Dawson is good but we need more leadership on the pitch. 

Winnal is not good enough. 

Urhorghide shouldn't be drawn into yesterday's piece..it was a collective catastrophe..

So a lot of OTers are looking forward to a summer CLEAR ARHHT of our bigger earners? 

Will we be able to attract better replacements, while offering lower wages & fees?

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

So a lot of OTers are looking forward to a summer CLEAR ARHHT of our bigger earners? 

Will we be able to attract better replacements, while offering lower wages & fees?

Depends what you class as “better” 

We won’t get anyone of the ability of FF, but if we get a couple like Harris who are available for the majority of the season, strong attitude, etc are we not better off?

In terms of getting rid of other big earners, if we can’t get better than Rhodes for less we might as well just pack in 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Depends what you class as “better” 

We won’t get anyone of the ability of FF, but if we get a couple like Harris who are available for the majority of the season, strong attitude, etc are we not better off?

In terms of getting rid of other big earners, if we can’t get better than Rhodes for less we might as well just pack in 

Hopefully we'll still be able to attract quality freebies, like Harris ... Players will go to the club offering the most money

26 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

FFS!.

These players have been together for 4-5 seasons and they were not good enough then. so why blame the bloke who has been here only 6 months and to work with the group of players that no one else got any consistency from.

Evet one knows that the players leaching a wage out of the club will be gone in June, maybe then we can begin to run the club properly and efficiently.

This will mean there will be no 'Marque' players coming in, no more fancy dan players coming in and hopefully players who WANT to play for the club, prepared to get physically hurt and to physically hurt the opposition too, to win, players who have got pace and not just good at keepy uppy, players who are direct and positive in their out look.

Lets get away from the crap played by 'Kick-a-ball' and play ENGLISH football.

More like 4 months not 6 for Monk. The knives out again. Last week he was great and this week people want him out. The over reactors should get a grip. We are top half on edge of playoffs with plenty to play for. The squad can be overhauled in the summer and then we will see a real Gary Monk side. The guy has done a decent job so far with little room for manouvre . We should back him not call for DC to sack him.

I’d be receptive to a summer clear out as long as we are able to bring in players given the recent issues with FFP.

Id offer Dawson and Fox new deals. Fletcher has been brilliant this season, however he is on £30k pw and he’s getting towards the end of his career. He is also currently injured. I’d consider giving him a 1 year deal dependant on how he goes when he comes back from injury. I would release the rest.

That would mean a huge rebuilding job which may be unrealistic but it is needed. These players have failed to get promotion, they are getting older and they’ve had their chance. 

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

When you are paying a lot of money to watch a performance like that, fans have every right to vent their anger. 

My partner certainly did and she dragged me out of the ground once the third goal went in.WTF:

BFLatK8LGj-8.png

Edited by parkfieldowl14

It's like taking a sixteen year old sheepdog to the vet's.. it's sad but there's work to do... it'll be like a breath of fresh air when we can cycle the old faithfuls out..

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who’s out of contract in the summer? 

Forestieri, Fox, Winnall. Who else? 

Dawson 

Fox

Lee

Joey

Hutch 

FF

Winnall

Fletch

Rhodes

Big Dave

Murphy, Bates will also return to their parent clubs.

Dawson should get a 4 year offer and Fox a 2 year offer. I know what I’d do about the rest. 

6 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Your bar was to avoid relegation, that's why I said your aspirations were similar to those of Barnsley and Luton fans.

No I said some people's bar was to avoid relegation 

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Dawson 

Fox

Lee

Joey

Hutch 

FF

Winnall

Fletch

Rhodes

Big Dave

Murphy, Bates will also return to their parent clubs.

Dawson should get a 4 year offer and Fox a 2 year offer. I know what I’d do about the rest. 

Rhodes has another year...I think.

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

All the negativity on here after winning at Leeds upset the players yesterday. It's our fault they forgot to turn up again.

I think part of the reason for the negativity is the success of the team at Brighton and Leeds. Hopes were so high, we'd come through a bad patch and had got our confidence back. Blackburn were there for the taking if we'd turned up.

Then we were 'treated' to that shambles. I can forgive a bit of over reaction. Maybe it went too far.

Guest The Horse

Venom?

Just a few short seasons ago, our pink neighbours were bottom of the third division with what was left of their fans hurling abuse at their players from the half empty stands.

That was venomous.

Then King Pig turns up, tells the players that their league is shitt, don't respect anyone, give 100% no excuses and attack the crap out of every team.

This gets the crowd back up, boos turn to cheers and it's enjoyable to go to the match again.

This Championship is there to be had.

Watching us play with one up front, passing about backwards and sideways then lumping up with no fight or effort is not going to get the crowd going.

We're at home, in a poor league.

Attack the opposites like rabid dogs and the crowd will follow and the venom will disappear.

The problem is this team is still basically the same team that lost us the playoff finals if not a little worse. Fletcher is probably the only player weve signed since that's better than what we had at the time. This squad has needed a major overhaul for awhile now. Players like bannan are great however have no competition and so dont have nothing pushing them to play well week in week out. To many big earners have been rewarded for failure and players not been sold when should've.

I just hope Monk realises the majority of these need to be let go and not have their contracts renewed. On a whole our team is to weak physically, players like Murphy, Reach and even Bannan (I like Bannan but maybe he needs someone next to him to bully the opponent) as well as the fit forwards have next to no presence on the pitch. So soft. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I’m all for balance, absolutely, but our league and home form is alarming. We could easily slip into mid table mediocrity (if we’re not there already) and be brutally shafted by the EFL too. This squad gets complacent so easily, I would rotate more regularly and definitely change formation and personnel for home games. A summer clear out should happen but that will be the start of a rebuild not necessarily the key to promotion.

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Inclined to agree. We have a very strange fanbase. One week we are going up, the next it’s a disaster. 

The fact is this side isn’t good enough and a couple of good results won’t change that. They are inconsistent and there are glaring deficiencies which need to be addressed. DC is in a tight spot because he can’t spend the money to rectify it. That is down to previous mistakes, but not a lot we can do about that now. 

We just have to ride it out until the summer. Get a few more of the top earners out the club. Our transfer business has been pretty decent since Bruce arrived with his recruitment team, which is encouraging. Let’s hope Downes and the other bloke are still working away in the background. 

This will take 3/4 windows to sort. 

weve been saying it will take 3 or 4 windows for the last 3 or 4

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Venom?

Just a few short seasons ago, our pink neighbours were bottom of the third division with what was left of their fans hurling abuse at their players from the half empty stands.

That was venomous.

Then King Pig turns up, tells the players that their league is shitt, don't respect anyone, give 100% no excuses and attack the crap out of every team.

This gets the crowd back up, boos turn to cheers and it's enjoyable to go to the match again.

This Championship is there to be had.

Watching us play with one up front, passing about backwards and sideways then lumping up with no fight or effort is not going to get the crowd going.

We're at home, in a poor league.

Attack the opposites like rabid dogs and the crowd will follow and the venom will disappear.

Simple as this really